    Tx

    Tom

    , Jan 24, 2005

  2. Richard Guest

    On 24 Jan 2005 10:29:02 -0800 wrote:

    > I have firefox 1.0, running on winxp

    > Firefox blocks popups fine, but sometimes, for selected occassions
    > only, i would like to be able to have window popup; without enabling
    > whole domains, as other popups from same domain are not desired.

    > How can I selectively override the firefox popup blocker, without
    > opening up pop up from many ads from same domain.

    I believe that is done by how the popup takes place.
    I have been in numerous sites where various site generated popups are shown,
    but no spam type ones get through.
    For instance, www.gifworks.com
    Edit a gif and the necessary popup windows are allowed, whereas in IE they
    are not.
    I'm not sure if you have to allow cookies for that or not, but I haven't had
    an issue with them.

    Although there is an occasional one that comes through.
    So I would imagein firefox has something to check the script to determine
    what the source is.
    You might want to pose this question on the firefox forum.

    Richard, Jan 25, 2005