Firefox and MediaPlayer control :(

enneweb

Hi !

I´m having a lot of problems in putting a midi player in my page. At the
end, after some strange problems with Quicktime, I decided using only Media
Player until I could fix that.

Then, I´m using an <embed> so that all browsers recognize it, and a playlist
with .wax extension, only to be played in Wmplayer.
The code I´m using is :

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/MediaPlayer/"
Name="MediaPlayer" id=MediaPlayer src="lista.wax"
AutoStart=0 ShowStatusBar=1 volume=-1
HEIGHT=50 WIDTH=310></embed>

The lista.wax playlist is in asx:

<asx>
<ENTRY>
<TITLE>Michelle</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>The Beatles</AUTHOR>
<COPYRIGHT></COPYRIGHT>
<!-- Relational Links are allowed in the REF HREF below -->
<REF HREF = "michelle.mid" />
</ENTRY>

<ENTRY>
<TITLE>The Final Countdown</TITLE>
<AUTHOR>Europe</AUTHOR>
<COPYRIGHT></COPYRIGHT>
<!-- Relational Links are allowed as per REF HREF below -->
<REF HREF = "final.mid" />
</ENTRY>
</asx>

Ok, it really works fine in all the browsers, but I´m using the player in a
frame so that it´s always playing no matter which section we enter, and now
I need to be able to play, pause and stop it from a different frame.

It is ok in IE, just by using a link in this way:
but it doesn´t work in firefox (==> document.MediaPlayer.play is not a
function)

Then I tried
and didn´t work in firefox (==> Error: document.MediaPlayer.controls has no
properties)
or in IE.

If using <Object> I get no problems with IE but FF will not recognize it.

What can I do to refer to the embedded mediaplayer by using javascript?
Can you help me please?

-- www.enneweb.com --
-- webmasterATenneweb.com --