    allow the back-button to work the second time around.

    --
    Dave Farrance
    Dave Farrance, Oct 10, 2010

  2. Dave Farrance

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 10 Oct 2010, the varmint Dave Farrance
    <> glyphed:

    > It seems that there's web code that can disable the back-button, on
    > Firefox at least. I thought that Firefox would now backpage over
    > redirects, but it seems that there's a way around that. Case in
    > point:
    >
    > If you go to this tinyurl-preview page and then follow the link to
    > the LA Times and wait for the article to completely finish loading,
    > then the back-button becomes disabled.
    >
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/2wa42pu
    >
    > I wonder how they accomplished this? Does anybody recognise the
    > technique used? I'd like to pare it down to a test case, so that a
    > Firefox bugfix request might be written to stop it.
    >
    > By the way, as a nasty twist, if you then backup with the
    > recent-pages drop-down to the tinyurl page, then go forward again to
    > the LA Times to test if it was a browser glitch, then they will check
    > the cookies and allow the back-button to work the second time around.

    After checking this in all the other browsers at my disposal, Firefox
    is the only one with the problem so I'd say it's a ff bug. However, I
    do have cookies disabled in ff so that may have something to do with
    it. No, I'm _not_ going to check with cookies enabled for reasons I
    consider good; do _you_ have cookies enabled? Anyway, I still call it
    a bug.

    --
    Neredbojias

    http://www.neredbojias.org/