Firefox browser support

ES

Hello,
I'm developing a asp.net application with VisualStudio 2003, framework 1.1,
etc. I use the Firefox browser at lot and I've noticed a lot of differences
in how things appear, even when what is generated for IE would work just
fine for FF. For example, a asp:panel is rendered as a div for IE but a
table for FF.

<asp:panel id="SitePanel" runat="server" CssClass="SitePanel">

in IE:

In FF
border="0" width="100%"><tr><td>

(Naturally I had the style defined as div.sitepanel{...} Doesn't work so
well when it's plunked down in a table...)

A manually inserted <div> tag works just fine in FF of course.

Is there any way to tell .NET to render HTML for Firefox the same as it does
for IE (or at least better than what it does)?

Thanks,
Elton

esaulsberry
a t
sourcelink
d ot
com

Joerg Jooss

ES said:
Hello,
I'm developing a asp.net application with VisualStudio 2003,
framework 1.1, etc. I use the Firefox browser at lot and I've
noticed a lot of differences in how things appear, even when what is
generated for IE would work just fine for FF. For example, a
asp:panel is rendered as a div for IE but a table for FF.

<asp:panel id="SitePanel" runat="server" CssClass="SitePanel">

in IE:

In FF
cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"><tr><td>

(Naturally I had the style defined as div.sitepanel{...} Doesn't
work so well when it's plunked down in a table...)

A manually inserted <div> tag works just fine in FF of course.

Is there any way to tell .NET to render HTML for Firefox the same as
it does for IE (or at least better than what it does)?

Google for "browserCaps". There was a similar discussion in this group just
a few days ago.

Cheers,