firefox crashes on pages with multiple pdf file objects

marco

Hi,

firefox seems to crash when i embed multiple pdf files with the
following code

<object data="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf"
type="application/pdf" height="500" width="600">
<param name="src" value="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf">
<param name="quality" value="medium">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
<param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.adobe.com/">
</object>

with one of these it works fine when i use more than one firefox
crashes ie6&opera don't have a problem. I want to use clean html so the
<embed> tag is out of the question. What am i missing?

Thanx

Marco

Harlan Messinger

Hi,

firefox seems to crash when i embed multiple pdf files with the
following code

<object data="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf"
type="application/pdf" height="500" width="600">
<param name="src" value="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf">
<param name="quality" value="medium">
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
<param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.adobe.com/">
</object>

with one of these it works fine when i use more than one firefox
crashes ie6&opera don't have a problem. I want to use clean html so the
<embed> tag is out of the question. What am i missing?

Good grief. I never heard of embedding PDFs in a web page before and I
didn't even know it was possible. My first reaction is not to do this,
just provide links to as many of them as you want.

If for some reason you must display multiple PDFs in a single stream,
then have you looked into IFRAMEs? I don't know if that will eliminate
the reentrancy problem or whatever it is, but it might.

marco

hi,

i haven't tried it yet, i'm also not a big fan of iframes, i like to to
it all in one page.
i will give it a shot and let you know.

greets