firefox crashes on pages with multiple pdf file objects

Discussion in 'HTML' started by marco@droppy.be, Sep 16, 2006.

    firefox seems to crash when i embed multiple pdf files with the
    following code

    <object data="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf"
    type="application/pdf" height="500" width="600">
    <param name="src" value="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf">
    <param name="quality" value="medium">
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
    <param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.adobe.com/">
    </object>

    with one of these it works fine when i use more than one firefox
    crashes ie6&opera don't have a problem. I want to use clean html so the
    <embed> tag is out of the question. What am i missing?

    Thanx

    Marco

    , Sep 16, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > firefox seems to crash when i embed multiple pdf files with the
    > following code
    >
    > <object data="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf"
    > type="application/pdf" height="500" width="600">
    > <param name="src" value="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf">
    > <param name="quality" value="medium">
    > <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
    > <param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.adobe.com/">
    > </object>
    >
    > with one of these it works fine when i use more than one firefox
    > crashes ie6&opera don't have a problem. I want to use clean html so the
    > <embed> tag is out of the question. What am i missing?

    Good grief. I never heard of embedding PDFs in a web page before and I
    didn't even know it was possible. My first reaction is not to do this,
    just provide links to as many of them as you want.

    If for some reason you must display multiple PDFs in a single stream,
    then have you looked into IFRAMEs? I don't know if that will eliminate
    the reentrancy problem or whatever it is, but it might.

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 16, 2006

    hi,

    i haven't tried it yet, i'm also not a big fan of iframes, i like to to
    it all in one page.
    i will give it a shot and let you know.

    greets

    Harlan Messinger schreef:

    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > firefox seems to crash when i embed multiple pdf files with the
    > > following code
    > >
    > > <object data="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf"
    > > type="application/pdf" height="500" width="600">
    > > <param name="src" value="pdf/groepslessenwinter20062007.pdf">
    > > <param name="quality" value="medium">
    > > <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff">
    > > <param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.adobe.com/">
    > > </object>
    > >
    > > with one of these it works fine when i use more than one firefox
    > > crashes ie6&opera don't have a problem. I want to use clean html so the
    > > <embed> tag is out of the question. What am i missing?

    > Good grief. I never heard of embedding PDFs in a web page before and I
    > didn't even know it was possible. My first reaction is not to do this,
    > just provide links to as many of them as you want.
    >
    > If for some reason you must display multiple PDFs in a single stream,
    > then have you looked into IFRAMEs? I don't know if that will eliminate
    > the reentrancy problem or whatever it is, but it might.

    , Sep 18, 2006