firefox doesn't show a formular

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lukas.zierer@gmail.com, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hi there!

    i've got a little problem with mozilla firefox. open
    http://www.biancoblu.ch/index.php5?id=contact once in internet explorer
    and once in firefox. you'll see, the formular won't be shown in
    firefox. when you have a look at the pages source code, it looks like a
    normal one.

    it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
    want because what i want is a working contact formular.

    at the end of this message you'll find a snippet of the page's source
    code.

    thank you for helping me
    lukas

    height="100%">
    <form action="./index.php5" method="POST">

    <input type="hidden" name="id" value="contact">
    name: <input class="textfield" type="text" name="name" value=""><br>
    e-mail: <input class="textfield" type="text" name="email"
    value=""><br>
    <input class="button" type="submit" name="sendmail" value="senden">
    </form> </p>

    , Jul 27, 2006

  2. Dylan Parry Guest

    wrote:

    > it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
    > want because what i want is a working contact formular.

    The problem is probably caused by the fact you have your <form> element
    within a <p> element. This isn't allowed, so the browser is probably
    ignoring it or getting confused about what it should do. I suggest that
    you validate your code if you are having problems.

    --
    Dylan Parry - http://electricfreedom.org

    Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.
    Dylan Parry, Jul 27, 2006

  3. rf Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    > against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    One can stop banging one's head against a wall.

    Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jul 27, 2006
  4. Dylan Parry Guest

    rf wrote:
    > Dylan Parry wrote:
    >
    >> Programming, n: A pastime similar to banging one's head
    >> against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

    > One can stop banging one's head against a wall.

    Well... once you get into the rhythm ;)

    > Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

    One /can/ always stop, but then one will forget what the code was
    supposed to do, as inevitably one will choose to stop shortly before a
    liberal sprinkling of helpful comments occurred :(

    Dylan Parry, Jul 27, 2006
  5. rf Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:
    > rf wrote:

    >> Having started, one can *not* stop programming.

    > One /can/ always stop, but then one will forget what the code was
    > supposed to do, as inevitably one will choose to stop shortly before a
    > liberal sprinkling of helpful comments occurred :(

    Comments? Bah Humbug.

    The code was bloody difficult to write! It should be bloody difficult to
    debug. :)

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jul 27, 2006
  6. Dylan Parry Guest

    rf wrote:

    [Comments]
    > The code was bloody difficult to write! It should be bloody difficult to
    > debug. :)

    I take a slightly different approach here. I write my comments in code,
    so that although the code was /bloody/ difficult to write, it's easy for
    *me* to debug, but the rest of society can bugger off ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry - http://webpageworkshop.co.uk

    Dylan Parry, Jul 27, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > hi there!
    >
    > i've got a little problem with mozilla firefox. open
    > http://www.biancoblu.ch/index.php5?id=contact once in internet explorer
    > and once in firefox. you'll see, the formular won't be shown in
    > firefox. when you have a look at the pages source code, it looks like a
    > normal one.
    >
    > it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
    > want because what i want is a working contact formular.
    >
    > at the end of this message you'll find a snippet of the page's source
    > code.
    >
    > thank you for helping me

    Aside that you should lose the table and the deprecated markup you have
    your P element in the wrong place it should go *after* the opening FORM
    tag like:

    <form ... >
    <input ... >
    </form>

    NOT:

    <form ... >
    <input ... >
    </form>

    Make that change and your email form will 'appear'

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  8. jojo Guest

    Dylan Parry schrieb:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> it will be shown, when i remove the <form> tag, but that's not what i
    >> want because what i want is a working contact formular.

    > The problem is probably caused by the fact you have your <form> element
    > within a <p> element. This isn't allowed, so the browser is probably
    > ignoring it or getting confused about what it should do. I suggest that
    > you validate your code if you are having problems.

    Yes. Validate first and see what cruel mistakes you made. But before
    validating add a doctype, the validator loves to find one...

    A few comments: tables are for viewing tabular data - so don't use it
    for layout.
    Try not to mix up CSS and layout information in HTML. Leave out all you
    height, width, ... attributes and replace them by CSS.

    BTW: German "Formular" is not "formular" in English ("formula" would be
    "Formel" in German) but just "form".
    jojo, Jul 27, 2006
  9. jojo Guest

    BTW, the "you" in my last post is the OP, not Dylan. (Just that nobody
    misunderstands that again...)
    jojo, Jul 27, 2006
  10. On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Dylan Parry wrote:

    > I take a slightly different approach here. I write my comments in code,

    Welsh? SCNR.
    Alan J. Flavell, Jul 27, 2006
  11. Dylan Parry Guest

    Alan J. Flavell wrote:

    >> I take a slightly different approach here. I write my comments in code,

    > Welsh? SCNR.

    The main requirement is that *I* be able to understand my comments.
    Despite being born in Wales, having a very Welsh name, and currently
    residing in Wales, I (perhaps surprisingly) cannot understand a word of
    Welsh ;)

    Dylan Parry, Jul 27, 2006
  12. jojo wrote:
    > BTW, the "you" in my last post is the OP, not Dylan. (Just that nobody
    > misunderstands that again...)

    One way to avoid the confusion is to put your comments after Lukas's
    quote and not Dylan's.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 27, 2006
  13. jojo Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> BTW, the "you" in my last post is the OP, not Dylan. (Just that nobody
    >> misunderstands that again...)

    > One way to avoid the confusion is to put your comments after Lukas's
    > quote and not Dylan's.

    Yeah, would be a possibility...
    jojo, Jul 27, 2006
  14. Bob Long Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > i've got a little problem with mozilla firefox. open
    > http://www.biancoblu.ch/index.php5?id=contact once in internet explorer
    > and once in firefox. you'll see, the formular won't be shown in
    > firefox. when you have a look at the pages source code, it looks like a
    > normal one.

    Ah, you mean "form", I think.

    Have you validated? http://validator.w3.org/

    --
    Bob Long
    Bob Long, Jul 27, 2006
  15. Bobbo Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Despite being born in Wales, having a very Welsh name, and currently
    > residing in Wales, I (perhaps surprisingly) cannot understand a word of
    > Welsh ;)

    The opposite of me then - I wasn't born in Wales, don't really have a
    Welsh sounding name and don't presently live in Wales, but can (just
    about) understand some Welsh ;-) [I grew up there but moved away]

    Try commenting in Haiku, it really gets the old grey matter fired up!

    (I'll stop this OT sub-thread here)
    Bobbo, Jul 28, 2006
  16. lukas Guest

    > <form ... >
    > <input ... >
    > </form>
    >
    > NOT:

    > <form ... >
    > <input ... >
    > </form>

    thanks, that's it, the problem's solved!
    lukas, Jul 28, 2006
  17. jojo Guest

    lukas wrote:
    >> <form ... >
    >> <input ... >
    >> </form>
    >>
    >> NOT:

    >> <form ... >
    >> <input ... >
    >> </form>
    >>

    > thanks, that's it, the problem's solved!

    And that's almost exactly what Dylan answered in the first reply you got...
    jojo, Jul 29, 2006
  18. lukas Guest

    > And that's almost exactly what Dylan answered in the first reply you got..

    did i say something different?
    lukas, Jul 29, 2006