    hasn't change.

    Any Idea?

    Fransis
    Fransis il Mulo, Jan 9, 2008

  2. Fransis il Mulo

    dorayme Guest

    In article <478475a0$0$37203$>,
    Fransis il Mulo <> wrote:

    > I have a table with 60 columns. Each column must have a 30px width.
    > IE show the table right. Firefox tries to show the entire table in the
    > window so it reduces cell width up to text width.

    Show us the whole page and your best shot. But really, what have
    you got in the cells, or is that too personal a question? I do
    hope it is something that cannot be bigger than 30px wide. That
    rules out text because text can always be enlarged. if it is
    pictures, then you likely don't need a table.

    This something you want, I have lost count but there are about 60
    cells and it looks ok in Safari and FF:

    <url: http://netweaver.com.au/alt/fransis.html />

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 9, 2008

  3. dorayme ha scritto:
    > In article <478475a0$0$37203$>,
    > Fransis il Mulo <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a table with 60 columns. Each column must have a 30px width.
    >> IE show the table right. Firefox tries to show the entire table in the
    >> window so it reduces cell width up to text width.
    >>

    > Show us the whole page and your best shot. But really, what have
    > you got in the cells, or is that too personal a question? I do
    > hope it is something that cannot be bigger than 30px wide. That
    > rules out text because text can always be enlarged. if it is
    > pictures, then you likely don't need a table.
    >
    > This something you want, I have lost count but there are about 60
    > cells and it looks ok in Safari and FF:
    >
    > <url: http://netweaver.com.au/alt/fransis.html />

    Thanks a lot. I solved the problem using a row with cells containing a
    white image (30x1).

    Thanks
    Fransis il Mulo, Jan 9, 2008
  4. Fransis il Mulo

    dorayme Guest

    In article <4784958b$0$36447$>,
    Fransis il Mulo <> wrote:

    > dorayme ha scritto:
    > > In article <478475a0$0$37203$>,
    > > Fransis il Mulo <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> I have a table with 60 columns. Each column must have a 30px width.
    > >> IE show the table right. Firefox tries to show the entire table in the
    > >> window so it reduces cell width up to text width.
    > >>

    > > Show us the whole page and your best shot. But really, what have
    > > you got in the cells, or is that too personal a question? I do
    > > hope it is something that cannot be bigger than 30px wide. That
    > > rules out text because text can always be enlarged. if it is
    > > pictures, then you likely don't need a table.
    > >
    > > This something you want, I have lost count but there are about 60
    > > cells and it looks ok in Safari and FF:
    > >
    > > <url: http://netweaver.com.au/alt/fransis.html />
    > >

    > Thanks a lot. I solved the problem using a row with cells containing a
    > white image (30x1).

    I am still in the dark as to what your problem really was? I was
    just saying that you *can* make such a table with images. You are
    spacing columns in one row (you can use a transparent gif btw and
    merely 1px by 1px but specify it as 30px wide in the CSS - see
    the source in the url above) and going on to do other things in
    the rows below. But what are you going to put in the rows below
    that will not break the 30px width?

    If you use such images to create a maximum width for each col and
    it is generous, you can acieve your aim successfully perhaps, but
    the same might not apply if you are trying for an absolute with
    your technique.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Jan 9, 2008
  5. Fransis il Mulo

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:36:11 GMT
    Fransis il Mulo scribed:

    > dorayme ha no scrotum:
    >> In article <478475a0$0$37203$>,
    >> Fransis il Mulo <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a table with 60 columns. Each column must have a 30px width.
    >>> IE show the table right. Firefox tries to show the entire table in the
    >>> window so it reduces cell width up to text width.
    >>>

    >> Show us the whole page and your best shot. But really, what have
    >> you got in the cells, or is that too personal a question? I do
    >> hope it is something that cannot be bigger than 30px wide. That
    >> rules out text because text can always be enlarged. if it is
    >> pictures, then you likely don't need a table.
    >>
    >> This something you want, I have lost count but there are about 60
    >> cells and it looks ok in Safari and FF:
    >>
    >> <url: http://netweaver.com.au/alt/fransis.html />
    >>

    > Thanks a lot. I solved the problem using a row with cells containing a
    > white image (30x1).

    You can also "solve the problem" by putting a div widthed at 30px in each
    cell (one row).

    --
    Neredbojias
    Riches are their own reward.
    Neredbojias, Jan 9, 2008
  6. Fransis il Mulo

    Bergamot Guest

    Fransis il Mulo wrote:
    > I have a table with 60 columns. Each column must have a 30px width.

    Ya gotta wonder why, though. You may very well be fixing the wrong problem.

    --
    Berg
    Bergamot, Jan 9, 2008