[Firefox]How to add a link to the bookmark using javascript?

YeDingding

Many tutorials introduced a way to add a link to the bookmark, that
is, window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, ""). But i found that the url
must be started with "http/ftp/https" either.

My link is started with "javascript:", a simple tool integrated with
my site. I want to let use can add the link to their bookmark. But
window.sidebar.addPanel() just complained that "not the supported
protocl".

What should i do? thanks for your help.