    markup and an FF bug?

    In any case, is there a way to get it to display correctly in FF?

    Thanks.
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 20, 2008

  2. Jeff Bowman wrote:

    > ...or is my markup incorrect?
    >
    > I'm having trouble getting FF to 'push' the Bottom Left layer down to the
    > next row where it's supposed to be. IE7 displays it as intended:
    >
    > www.shrubsters.com
    >
    > Is this a case of bad markup and IE making apologies for me, or rather good
    > markup and an FF bug?

    body {
    font-size:.7em; <---- change this

    Please read this:
    http://tekrider.net/html/fontsize.php
    and
    http://tekrider.net/pages/faq.php?q=trans

    and this probably is not what you want, or expected me to see:
    http://tekrider.net/usenet/shrubster.jpg

    --
    -bts
    -Friends don't let friends drive Vista
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 20, 2008

  3. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "Gus Richter" <> wrote in message

    > --
    > Gus

    Hooray that was it! :)

    So it looks like it was a case of bad markup and IE making excuses for me
    ;-)

    You good folks maintain such a wonderful resource here. I only wish I were
    able to contribute, but markup just isn't my specialty--I have trouble with
    even the simple items, as you can see. I've learned a lot by lurking.

    So, I pop my head in two or three times a year when I get stuck on
    something. I really appreciate the wealth of expertise I find, and the
    willingness to help.

    Thanks, Gus.
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 20, 2008
  4. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "Ed" <ex@directory> wrote in message news:wsOdnX5NGPNQiJbVRVnyiQA@plusnet...

    > All looks the same to me whether I'm using Firefox 2, Opera 9, K-Meleon
    > 1.1.5 or IE 6.
    >
    > Did you solve the problem then?
    >
    > Ed

    Hm, that's strange--it sure was out of whack in -my- FF browser at least. At
    any rate, Gus' clear:left solution is what did the trick.

    I guess after all these years I've still got a bit to learn about all this
    :)

    Thanks for having a look!
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 20, 2008
  5. Jeff Bowman

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Gus Richter <> wrote:

    > Jeff Bowman wrote:
    > > "Ed" <ex@directory> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> All looks the same to me whether I'm using Firefox 2, Opera 9, K-Meleon
    > >> 1.1.5 or IE 6.
    > >>
    > >> Did you solve the problem then?
    > >>
    > >> Ed

    > > Hm, that's strange--it sure was out of whack in -my- FF browser at least.
    > > At
    > > any rate, Gus' clear:left solution is what did the trick.
    > >
    > > I guess after all these years I've still got a bit to learn about all this
    > > :)
    > >
    > > Thanks for having a look!

    > Not so strange.
    > It shows up on a larger window size only.
    > I'm not willing to check with those numerous stylesheets of yours, but
    > most certainly there is a fixed width interfering.

    OP should remove all the author styles completely and see the page leap
    in usability. It is badly broken and there is no *one* thing that can be
    done.

    First thing to do is use a 4.01 Strict and remove all inline styles and
    classes and errors in the html. When that is done and url provided,
    along with a truly meaningful picture (in words or in Photoshop!), we
    might be able to start cooking with gas.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 20, 2008
  6. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    > OP should remove all the author styles completely and see the page leap
    > in usability. It is badly broken and there is no *one* thing that can be
    > done.

    I'm -very- interested in doing so. My next deliverable on the project,
    however--some internal ASP.NET programming--is looming, and I must give my
    immediate attention to that. Even though as you say the markup needs repair,
    at least at the moment it displays correctly.

    If you don't mind looking at my changes and suggesting corrections to my
    errors in about another week or so, I'd like very much to listen to what you
    might have to say regarding this design.

    I'm interested in excellence only--if my own pride has to take a back seat,
    that's fine and dandy with me.

    Thanks!
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 21, 2008
  7. Jeff Bowman

    dorayme Guest

    In article <fuh0mt$tqr$>,
    "Jeff Bowman" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > OP should remove all the author styles completely and see the page leap
    > > in usability. It is badly broken and there is no *one* thing that can be
    > > done.

    > I'm -very- interested in doing so. My next deliverable on the project,
    > however--some internal ASP.NET programming--is looming, and I must give my
    > immediate attention to that. Even though as you say the markup needs repair,
    > at least at the moment it displays correctly.

    But it does not. To see this, just narrow the browser window.

    > If you don't mind looking at my changes and suggesting corrections to my
    > errors in about another week or so, I'd like very much to listen to what you
    > might have to say regarding this design.

    The implied offer in my words

    "First thing to do is use a 4.01 Strict and remove all inline styles and
    classes and errors in the html. When that is done and url provided,
    along with a truly meaningful picture (in words or in Photoshop!), we
    might be able to start cooking with gas."

    still stands.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Apr 21, 2008
  8. Jeff Bowman

    Jeff Bowman Guest

    "dorayme" <> wrote in message

    >> at least at the moment it displays correctly.

    > But it does not. To see this, just narrow the browser window.

    Ah. I see that now.

    > The implied offer in my words
    >
    > "First thing to do is use a 4.01 Strict and remove all inline styles and
    > classes and errors in the html. When that is done and url provided,
    > along with a truly meaningful picture (in words or in Photoshop!), we
    > might be able to start cooking with gas."
    >
    > still stands.

    Thanks! I'll be back as soon as I can.
    Jeff Bowman, Apr 21, 2008