Firefox--More Web Design Extensions

Blinky the Shark

WD10 said:
A little blunt for constructive criticism, don't you think? Maybe the box
too much... I was just experimenting with overlib. In the past I never took
the site very seriously because for a long time it only had only 10 visitors
a day and almost all of them were me :) But now it's starting to get

I remember when I started blinkynet.net, and was gratified to see that
nearly all of my visitors were using Linux. Then I realized I was
nearly all of my visitors. :)

WD10

Blinky the Shark said:
I remember when I started blinkynet.net, and was gratified to see that
nearly all of my visitors were using Linux. Then I realized I was
nearly all of my visitors. :)

The first few months are always hard :S

I guess I will be removing that little JavaScript from the footer and moving
it to the overlib section on the JavaScript page. Will be updated when I
upload the next Firefox extension tutorials in a couple of hours...

william

A little blunt for constructive criticism, don't you think? Maybe the box
too much... I was just experimenting with overlib. In the past I never took
the site very seriously because for a long time it only had only 10 visitors
a day and almost all of them were me :) But now it's starting to get
significant traffic so maybe I should move the experimenting somewhere else.

It wasn't critiscm as such, it must have been a Freudian slip the "stupid"
part was in my head not supposed to have been on the page. I just wanted to
know what it was for and why I was wasting my time waiting for a tiddly
little picture to load, and when it did I couldn't even make out what it
was, especially with my eyesight.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings :))

WD10

william said:
It wasn't critiscm as such, it must have been a Freudian slip the "stupid"
part was in my head not supposed to have been on the page. I just wanted
know what it was for and why I was wasting my time waiting for a tiddly
little picture to load, and when it did I couldn't even make out what it
was, especially with my eyesight.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings :))

No problem... I prefer blunt criticism than not to have anyone mention that
it's a bad idea. I never could figure out why the image took so long to
load because it's on the same server and it's very small. In any case, it's
gone from the main pages... :S

rf

WD10 wrote:

[popup image]
In any case, it's
gone from the main pages... :S

When you put it back somewhere be advised that the width of its contaner is
dependant on font size. I assume ems somewhere. I also assume that said
image was a background. It repeats horizontally if the user font size is
larger than normal. A repeating thumbnail :)

Cheers
Richard.

WD10

rf said:
WD10 wrote:

[popup image]
In any case, it's
gone from the main pages... :S

When you put it back somewhere be advised that the width of its contaner
is
dependant on font size. I assume ems somewhere. I also assume that said
image was a background. It repeats horizontally if the user font size is
larger than normal. A repeating thumbnail :)

Good point
:S

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [Quasimido CSS] on Thursday 01 September 2005 09:00 \__
? seamonkey is mozilla suite. thunderbird and firefox/firebird (and i
think "phoenix) peeled off of seamonkey a while back.

http://tinyurl.com/7n3m3

Search the page above for 'seamonkey' and see where this information I have
came from.

nn4 was completely different.

I only now discover about: netscape.public.mozilla.seamonkey

I never knew about any such connection.

Roy

Quasimido CSS

Maybe Mozilla will one day become an all-in-one application.
Thunderbird and Firefox I was told have been combined to be called
Seamonkey.

? seamonkey is mozilla suite. thunderbird and firefox/firebird (and i think "phoenix) peeled
off of seamonkey a while back.
Time will tell it it will 'take'. Let's not forget that they
used to be joint in the Mozilla Suite, formerly known as Netscape.

nn4 was completely different.