Firefox, need help please....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Gus, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. Gus

    Gus Guest

    New Irefoxâ„¢ problem/question and on one seems to be able to help....

    I am back on dial-up ( sigh ) and in an effort to speed my internet experience
    up, I am trying to do the Firefoxâ„¢ thing.

    Several downloads and reinstalls and tweaks later I am still having one
    problem.

    If I get online (aohell dial-up ISP ) and launch irefox soon after, it comes
    up, goes to my home page ( Google) and works just fine....

    If I wait and read mail and some message boards and then try to launch irefox,
    it comes up and seems to go to the home page but the little blue progress bar
    never goes out as it should/does with a 100% load. Page looks loaded.

    I can try to go to other places and it just sits there and laughs at me. No
    matter the close and open tries, nada. I must do a complete shut down and
    reboot to get irefoxâ„¢ to fly properly.

    I three finger saluted and find that with all things closed, Firefoxâ„¢ is
    still on my running apps.??? wtf???

    If I get it going right away and keep it in use, it does fine, but let it (
    irefoxâ„¢ ) sit, or leave the computer on for with no apps running and try to
    re-launch or if I left the apps running and try to use it, nada, locked up and
    a reboot is the only thing that will get it going. Everything else and all the
    other browsers work just fine.

    I did try to kill it with the three finger salute and got that to work after
    several tries and then got aohell back up and it launched okay but the messing
    required takes longer than just shutting down and rebooting.

    This happened on the first installation, 9.1 .xx and also on the second
    installation, 9.2.xx. I've got the latest version ( free ) ( no mozzilla just
    irefox ) and I'm wondering what the hang is all about and how to fix.

    This is all on an old 600hz AMD, 512+ meg ram, 100hz buss, 40 gig HD blah, blah

    Win98-se with all updates and patches and stuff and such.
    Ad-ware and Spybot, ZoneAlarm ( older version with no troubles at all ) and I
    scan and defrag regular.

    Been fighting this a while, Irefoxâ„¢ is the only thing that ever acts this
    way.

    Got IE, Oprah, Irefox, AOHell as browsers and use all four for different
    things.

    Any ideas, experience or solutions with same type trouble?

    Gus, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Gus

    Jim Higson Guest

    Gus wrote:

    > New Irefoxâ„¢ problem/question and on one seems to be able to help....
    >

    > I am back on dial-up ( sigh ) and in an effort to speed my internet
    > experience up, I am trying to do the Firefoxâ„¢ thing.
    >
    > Several downloads and reinstalls and tweaks later I am still having one
    > problem.
    >
    > If I get online (aohell dial-up ISP ) and launch irefox soon after, it
    > comes up, goes to my home page ( Google) and works just fine....
    >
    > If I wait and read mail and some message boards and then try to launch
    > irefox, it comes up and seems to go to the home page but the little blue
    > progress bar never goes out as it should/does with a 100% load. Page looks
    > loaded.
    >
    > I can try to go to other places and it just sits there and laughs at me.
    > No matter the close and open tries, nada. I must do a complete shut down
    > and reboot to get irefoxâ„¢ to fly properly.
    >
    > I three finger saluted and find that with all things closed, Firefoxâ„¢ is
    > still on my running apps.??? wtf???
    >
    > If I get it going right away and keep it in use, it does fine, but let it
    > ( irefoxâ„¢ ) sit, or leave the computer on for with no apps running and try
    > to re-launch or if I left the apps running and try to use it, nada, locked
    > up and a reboot is the only thing that will get it going. Everything else
    > and all the other browsers work just fine.
    >
    > I did try to kill it with the three finger salute and got that to work
    > after several tries and then got aohell back up and it launched okay but
    > the messing required takes longer than just shutting down and rebooting.
    >
    > This happened on the first installation, 9.1 .xx and also on the second
    > installation, 9.2.xx. I've got the latest version ( free ) ( no mozzilla
    > just irefox ) and I'm wondering what the hang is all about and how to fix.
    >
    > This is all on an old 600hz AMD, 512+ meg ram, 100hz buss, 40 gig HD blah,
    > blah
    >
    > Win98-se with all updates and patches and stuff and such.
    > Ad-ware and Spybot, ZoneAlarm ( older version with no troubles at all )
    > and I scan and defrag regular.
    >
    > Been fighting this a while, Irefoxâ„¢ is the only thing that ever acts this
    > way.
    >
    > Got IE, Oprah, Irefox, AOHell as browsers and use all four for different
    > things.
    >
    > Any ideas, experience or solutions with same type trouble?

    Can't help, but ermm... why the "Irefox" spelling? Too often to be a typo.

    Jim Higson, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Gus

    C A Upsdell Guest

    "Jim Higson" <> wrote in message
    > Gus wrote:
    >
    >> New IrefoxT problem/question and on one seems to be able to help....
    >>

    >> I am back on dial-up ( sigh ) and in an effort to speed my internet
    >> experience up, I am trying to do the FirefoxT thing.
    >>
    >> Several downloads and reinstalls and tweaks later I am still having one
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> If I get online (aohell dial-up ISP ) and launch irefox soon after, it
    >> comes up, goes to my home page ( Google) and works just fine....
    >>
    >> If I wait and read mail and some message boards and then try to launch
    >> irefox, it comes up and seems to go to the home page but the little blue
    >> progress bar never goes out as it should/does with a 100% load. Page
    >> looks
    >> loaded.
    >>
    >> I can try to go to other places and it just sits there and laughs at me.
    >> No matter the close and open tries, nada. I must do a complete shut down
    >> and reboot to get irefoxT to fly properly.
    >>
    >> I three finger saluted and find that with all things closed, FirefoxT is
    >> still on my running apps.??? wtf???
    >>
    >> If I get it going right away and keep it in use, it does fine, but let it
    >> ( irefoxT ) sit, or leave the computer on for with no apps running and
    >> try
    >> to re-launch or if I left the apps running and try to use it, nada,
    >> locked
    >> up and a reboot is the only thing that will get it going. Everything else
    >> and all the other browsers work just fine.
    >>
    >> I did try to kill it with the three finger salute and got that to work
    >> after several tries and then got aohell back up and it launched okay but
    >> the messing required takes longer than just shutting down and rebooting.
    >>
    >> This happened on the first installation, 9.1 .xx and also on the second
    >> installation, 9.2.xx. I've got the latest version ( free ) ( no mozzilla
    >> just irefox ) and I'm wondering what the hang is all about and how to
    >> fix.
    >>
    >> This is all on an old 600hz AMD, 512+ meg ram, 100hz buss, 40 gig HD
    >> blah,
    >> blah
    >>
    >> Win98-se with all updates and patches and stuff and such.
    >> Ad-ware and Spybot, ZoneAlarm ( older version with no troubles at all )
    >> and I scan and defrag regular.
    >>
    >> Been fighting this a while, IrefoxT is the only thing that ever acts this
    >> way.
    >>
    >> Got IE, Oprah, Irefox, AOHell as browsers and use all four for different
    >> things.
    >>
    >> Any ideas, experience or solutions with same type trouble?

    > Can't help, but ermm... why the "Irefox" spelling? Too often to be a typo.

    ire = anger

    C A Upsdell, Aug 23, 2004
  4. Gus wrote:

    > New Irefox? problem/question and on one seems to be able to help....

    Have you tried the moz/NS forums/newsgroups I recommended to you in the
    other group? This is what they're for, Gus.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
    Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 23, 2004