Firefox not displaying popup correctly

Joe

Hi All!

I'm using a script to show a popup.
http://www.openwebware.com/products/openpopups/

This displays fine in IE but it does not work right in Firefox. In Firefox
it displays the table but that's it. If I move the call to createWindow
outside of a form tag then I get a small window with a title bar but no
body.
Now if I change the DOCTYPE to HTML instead of XHTML then it display
correctly but the entire page isn't right. Text is too large and bold.

In addition I'm displaying this by clicking an ImageButton. I'm calling it
in the OnClientClick something like this:
onclick="createWindow(.....);return false;"
yet I still get a post back unless I use the HTML instead of the XHTML.

Is there something else that could be done to get this to work right? IE
doesn't like the HTML otherwise I would just use that.

Thanks,
Joe

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Joe,

As for the popup window, it seems use script to create div or table and
display it. Ithink the first problem you mentioned maybe related how the
popup component retrieve certain information in the xhtml page (through
javascript DOM ).

As for ImageButton postback issue, is it also related to the "CreateWindow"
function? I've tried the following simple script handler which will not
generate postback when I click the ImageButton.

=============
<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButton1" runat="server"
onclick="ImageButton1_Click" OnClientClick="alert('hello');return
false;" />

=================

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

Joe

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any idea what could cause the problem in
Firefox and not in IE? The problem doesn't show up when changing the DOCTYPE
as I mentioned.

-Joe

Joe

The problem was being caused by a line in the js which read
document.all[...].
Firefox doesn't like the document.all so I replaced it with a
document.getElementById(....) and it worked. This also fixed the problem
with the post back for the image button.

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your followup. I'm glad that you've figured out the issue.
Really a bit surprised that the control use "document.all" which is not the
good syntax for multi-browser target script.