Firefox onblur question

Jeff

I've now searched the web for about 2+ hours and have found dozens of
solutions, but none work.
All information seems outdated and won't apply to Firefox 2.0.

I'm trying to create the equivalent of an IE modal dialog box where a window
opens and will stay on top until closed.

One possible method is the code below, but that works fine in IE, but not in
Firefox where I need it.

I've checked at least a dozen listed suggestions on the web, and all fail in
the current firefox version.

Is anything along these lines now impossible with Firefox?

Jeff