Firefox onLoad img

Kara Johnson

Ran into a little trouble, I have an image that is generated by a perl
script, but my take 4 or 5 seconds to be generated so I thought a please
wait message would be nice.

The code works just fine on IE, but Firefox does not. On Firefox all I
get is the "please wait message" and when the image is done being
generated I get an empty space the size of the image.

I can set the visibility to visible on the image div and the image
appears just fine.

Thanks for any help with this, removed html tags to not be flagged as
spam.

Kara

function showImage() {

document.getElementById('wait').style.visibility="hidden";
document.getElementById('mypage').style.visibility="visible";

}

div id="wait" style="visibility: visible; font-size: 14pt; color: red;"
/div

div id="mypage" style="visibility: hidden;"
img onLoad="showImage();" src="/graphs.pl?gid=1"
/div

Tom

On 03 Dec 2007 19:22:53 GMT, Kara Johnson wrote...
[...]

I think the "onLoad" event can be used in a BODY, IFRAME or IMG tag, but I don't
think they can be triggered from DIV

Tom

Kara Johnson

Found the problem, was referencing the wrong path for the js file.
Funny IE kept finding it and I was not receiving errors in the
javascript console.

Everything is working as expected, thanks for the help.

Kara

Evertjan.

Kara Johnson wrote on 04 dec 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
Found the problem, was referencing the wrong path for the js file.
Funny IE kept finding it and I was not receiving errors in the
javascript console.

Everything is working as expected, thanks for the help.

[please always quote on usenet]