firefox questions

Jim Corey

1. I have a dropdown coded like this:

<asp:DropDownList id="CboDpt" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 97px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 24px"
runat="server" Width="81px"></asp:DropDownList>

When I view the source in IE, I see that the width gets stuffed inside
the style attribute before the 'Z-INDEX'.
When I view the source in FireFox, the width is gone.
I would think that the style attribute would have
been manipulated by the server and sent out regardless of browser.

Any explanations for what's happening?

2. My app uses Windows authentication in an intranet.
With Firefox I get prompted for my network login
when I browse to the app (at least the first time).
This doesn't happen with IE.

Again, any explantions would be welcome.

TIA,
Jim

Curt_C [MVP]

inline....

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Jim Corey said:
1. I have a dropdown coded like this:

<asp:DropDownList id="CboDpt" style="Z-INDEX: 103; LEFT: 97px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 24px"
runat="server" Width="81px"></asp:DropDownList>

When I view the source in IE, I see that the width gets stuffed inside
the style attribute before the 'Z-INDEX'.
When I view the source in FireFox, the width is gone.
I would think that the style attribute would have
been manipulated by the server and sent out regardless of browser.

Any explanations for what's happening?

Just a guess but I'd say that FireFox does not support absolute positioning.
You need to use Flow instead of Grid for your development for better
compliancy in this case.
2. My app uses Windows authentication in an intranet.
With Firefox I get prompted for my network login
when I browse to the app (at least the first time).
This doesn't happen with IE.

Again, any explantions would be welcome.

Integrated turned on? I'm betting it is. IE handles this better IIRC. You
may have to switch to "basic" authentication.

Jim Corey

Stefano,

Great, thanks!

But it doesn't show me where in web.config to put this.

Jim

Chris R. Timmons

Stefano,

Great, thanks!

But it doesn't show me where in web.config to put this.

Jim,

The .Net help file does. The <browserCaps> element is a child of the
<configuration> element.