Firefox renders .aspx page differently than .htm -- Same HTML

Jason Honn

I have an .aspx page that renders fine in IE6, but it does not render
properly in Firefox. If I change the extension from .aspx to .htm
everything renders just fine in Firefox.

The problem I am having deals with stretching nested tables to fill the
cell they are nested in completely. I have specified the embedded table
to have a height of "100%", but it acts as if no height is given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason Honn

Thanks Teemu for the reply, but I have already applied the <browserCaps>
fix in the web config. That fixes some issues but not the specific Issue
I am dealing with now. The HTML that asp.net produces should be fine. I
tested the HTML output of the aspx page by copying the source of the
rendered page then pasted it into an htm file. The htm file produced the
desired reults. I then renamed the htm file extension to .aspx. That
broke it again.

Jason

Teemu Keiski

Hmm, that gets interesting. Especially if it works in FireFox when you use
it in HTML. Maybe it uses different DOCTYPE for the document in question in
that case? Somehow or from somewhere I remember that table's height wouldn't
be available with the strictest DOCTYPE (I might be wrong with this one,
though)

Something like here
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39084