firefox & tabs

david.lomuscio

hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?

Bernhard Sturm

hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?
If it's just a personal problem in using FF:
New Tab: Ctrl+N
Focus: is automatically set to the new tab

If it's a try to remotely manage a client-FF via HTML:
Why would you do such a thing? And what about IE 6.0? Opera? Netscape?
Lynx? Opera-Mini? Safari? Camino?

cheers
Bernhard

Jonathan N. Little

hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?
It is a Firefox setting Tools>Options>Tabs and check "When I open a link
in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
It is a Firefox setting Tools>Options>Tabs and check "When I open a link
in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

To sum up, you can do it on a per url basis (as Bernhard
mentioned), or set it in your preferences or options for
permanent. You might find the former more congenial in the long
run. The latter can get out of hand.