Firefox vs. Opera: Wierd broswer re-direct

Discussion in 'HTML' started by voice_of_reason@australia.edu, Dec 16, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Greetings:

    I have just installed Opera v9.4.

    When I want to login to Hotmail I use the link:

    http://login.passport.net/uilogin.srf?lc=2052&id=2

    which is a bookmark I imported from Firefox.

    I enter login data and get an error message from MSN telling me the
    information is incorrect.

    After three unsuccessful attempt, it redirects me to a page asking me
    to sign-up for the "new" Windows Live serive (which I do NOT want to
    do).

    I close Opera, go back to Firefox, and everything works fine!!

    How can the same url used in the two different brlwsers get such a
    different response??

    Is MSN somehow detecting I'm using Opera and purposely screwing with
    the output? (I know Microsoft has done similar things in the
    past....anybody rem the DR DOS scandal??)

    Assistance appreciated!!

    , Dec 16, 2007