    "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ doesn't
    work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and Netscape.

    Any ideas?

    George, Mar 3, 2005

  2. On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:13:50 GMT, George
    <> wrote:

    > I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    > "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ doesn't
    > work in Firefox,

    What is 'doesn't work'? Does no image show at all? Does it just not animate?
    Does the girl drop her skirt and lift her shirt up all of a sudden?

    > while it is animated correctly in IE and Netscape.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Tried clearing your cache?

    Barbara de Zoete, Mar 3, 2005

  3. On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 09:31:44 +0100, Barbara de Zoete <>
    wrote:

    > On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:13:50 GMT, George
    > <> wrote:

    <http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/>

    Something entirely different and far more urgent: you do know that important
    parts of your navigation menu in the left hand column disappears and cannot be
    reached if the viewport of my browser is slightly smaller than yours, don't you?
    Why would you want that?

    Barbara de Zoete, Mar 3, 2005
  4. George

    George Guest

    "Barbara de Zoete" <> wrote in message

    > What is 'doesn't work'?

    Doesn't animate

    >Tried clearing your cache?

    Yep

    George, Mar 3, 2005
  5. George

    Nik Coughin Guest

    George wrote:
    > I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    > "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/
    > doesn't work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and
    > Netscape.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    The code for that website is terrible.

    No offense intended, but it is.

    I hope you didn't pay for it.

    For some reason the site is delivering two different images, one for IE, and
    one for all other browsers. The one for all other browsers is not animated.
    I downloaded it and it only has one frame. It's not that they aren't
    playing the animation, you aren't giving it to them.

    That aside, I would recommend you scrap that whole site and start again.

    Nik Coughin, Mar 3, 2005
  6. George

    Nik Coughin Guest

    Nik Coughin wrote:
    > George wrote:
    >> I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    >> "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/
    >> doesn't work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and
    >> Netscape.

    Actually, it's the same in Netscape as it is in every other browser except
    IE.

    > For some reason the site is delivering two different images, one for
    > IE, and one for all other browsers. The one for all other browsers
    > is not animated. I downloaded it and it only has one frame. It's not
    > that they aren't playing the animation, you aren't giving it to them.

    The image that IE gets:
    http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/musik.gif

    The image everything else gets:
    http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/entertainment_files/image001.gif

    Nik Coughin, Mar 3, 2005
  7. George

    Nik Coughin Guest

    George wrote:
    > I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    > "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/
    > doesn't work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and
    > Netscape.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    You made this in Microsoft Office, like in Publisher or something didn't
    you? Or pasted it straight from Publisher or Word or something into
    Frontpage. Therein lies all of your problems.

    Nik Coughin, Mar 3, 2005
  8. George

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "George" <>
    > Newsgroups: alt.html
    > Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:13:50 GMT
    > Subject: Firefox vs. Other Browsers
    >
    > I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    > "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/ doesn't
    > work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and Netscape.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Thought to look on a Mac but can't see where it is even supposed to be? If
    you want feedback re this, a few hints perhaps, where on which url
    specifically?

    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 3, 2005
  9. George

    dorayme Guest

    > Nik Coughin wrote:
    >> George wrote:
    >>> I don't understand why the animated gif of a singing girl on my
    >>> "entertainment" page at http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/
    >>> doesn't work in Firefox, while it is animated correctly in IE and
    >>> Netscape.

    > Actually, it's the same in Netscape as it is in every other browser except
    > IE.
    >
    >> For some reason the site is delivering two different images, one for
    >> IE, and one for all other browsers. The one for all other browsers
    >> is not animated. I downloaded it and it only has one frame. It's not
    >> that they aren't playing the animation, you aren't giving it to them.

    > The image that IE gets:
    > http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/musik.gif
    >
    > The image everything else gets:
    > http://www.sattel.com/stargazerasianbuffet/entertainment_files/image001.gif

    Ah, yes. In IE 5.1.6 on a Mac, also in Mozilla 1.3, one gets only the latter
    (static pic). I know, probably of little interest as these browsers and this
    platform is only a small percentage... The animation also can be seen at
    where NC dug it up from ... so obviously your coding, no problems with the
    browsers, even my old ones in this respect

    Still, Microsoft Frontpage eh? Why have I rarely seen a well made page with
    this... I am sure the very knowledgeable folk on this group will give you
    clues...

    dorayme

    dorayme, Mar 3, 2005
  10. George

    Nik Coughin Guest

    dorayme wrote:

    > Still, Microsoft Frontpage eh? Why have I rarely seen a well made
    > page with this... I am sure the very knowledgeable folk on this group
    > will give you clues...

    Not only Frontpage, Frontpage in conjunction with either Publisher or Word.
    Look at all the mso stuff in the code. There are conditional comments in
    there to serve different content to non-IE browsers.

    Nik Coughin, Mar 3, 2005