Firefox!?!?

Leif K-Brooks

Design-Crowd said:
Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues. What sort of
weird site are you visiting?

Design-Crowd

Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!

Regards
JohnT (admin)
www.designcrowd.com
Freelancers Freedom From Fees

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues.

I don't know that it is that low for me, but there are certainly more
sites that display normally in Mozilla (I use the full Mozilla, not FF)
than those that get messed up. And I would hazard a guess that a lot of
those that do get messed up is because I have the fonts set quite large
because my eyesight isn't exactly great - so if I was using IE, I'd have
the same problems anyway.

Si Ballenger

Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues. What sort of
weird site are you visiting?

I've got the webcam page below where the java script start/stop
button does not work with FF. In the webcam popout there, you
can't switch between the cams like you can with IE. Not sure why
it is broken with FF.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm

Travis Newbury

Design-Crowd said:
Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!

Not sure where you visit,but I have seen very few sites that don't work
just fine with FF

Travis Newbury

Si said:
I've got the webcam page below where the java script start/stop
button does not work with FF. In the webcam popout there, you
can't switch between the cams like you can with IE. Not sure why
it is broken with FF.

Doesn't work in IE either for me.

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:
I don't know that it is that low for me, but there are certainly more
sites that display normally in Mozilla (I use the full Mozilla, not FF)
than those that get messed up. And I would hazard a guess that a lot of
those that do get messed up is because I have the fonts set quite large
because my eyesight isn't exactly great - so if I was using IE, I'd have
the same problems anyway.

http://tinyurl.com/4pek8

Steve Pugh

Design-Crowd said:
Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?

What hassle? Most stuff works fine in FF with no extra effort at all.
It's IE that takes most of my time.
There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

You must be looking at some very badly written sites then.

Steve

Csaba2000

I've been using Firefox heavily since January, and almost no site has given me
problems (I am not doing stuff with sound, video).

About the biggest browsing errors that I get are when I have my yahoo account
open and see several unread emails, and I click quickly with the right mouse
button to open each in a new tab => some of them will show the same originating
page (list of emails) refreshed (instead of the selected email message).

But the thing I like MOST about Firefox is that when I find a bug (and I do), I
can report it. But the really cool thing is that, like with PHP, I can see when a
developer or someone, gets around to dealing with the bug.

Csaba Gabor from Vienna

SpaceGirl

Design-Crowd said:
Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!

Regards
JohnT (admin)
www.designcrowd.com
Freelancers Freedom From Fees

blah what rubbish lol.

Jan Clemens Faerber

You must be looking at some very badly written sites then.

Steve

Yes - you are right - I installed now Firefox for the first time.
I wanted to do this for three months now and today I did it because on my
RH Linux distro I can not view the page of my countries most popular
newspaper www.krone.at which means 'crown'. I had no good luck with opera,
konqueror and mozilla. But Firefox gets it right and the navigation works.
(still some java/-script is missing)
Of course Firefox on Windows must be a completly different thing.

accooper

Ok, I use Fire Fox and it renders all my pages and all the pages I visit
just great except for one thing. All table borders come out wit gray and
gray and the colors. If the programmers made them black and black they
still come out with what ever color they are sitting one. Any ideas?

--
Andrew C. Cooper
www.wordforlife.com/cmhm

Oli Filth

accooper said:
Ok, I use Fire Fox and it renders all my pages and all the pages I visit
just great except for one thing. All table borders come out wit gray and
gray and the colors. If the programmers made them black and black they
still come out with what ever color they are sitting one. Any ideas?

Do you have an example URL so we know what you're talking about? ;)

kchayka

Jan said:
I installed now Firefox for the first time.
...on my RH Linux distro...
Of course Firefox on Windows must be a completly different thing.

Actually, UI differences aside, any given release of Firefox is pretty
much the same regardless of the platform. That's the beauty of it. :)

They all use the same rendering engine. And, UI aside, there are no
significant differences between FF and other flavors of mozilla, either.

mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 6+, Epiphany, Camino, Galeon and probably
others are mostly just different wrappings for gecko.

Jan Faerber

kchayka ... output:
Actually, UI differences aside, any given release of Firefox is pretty
much the same regardless of the platform. That's the beauty of it. :)

They still have to fix some things. e.g. the dialog "Password Manager"
doen't work.
They all use the same rendering engine. And, UI aside, there are no
significant differences between FF and other flavors of mozilla, either.

mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 6+, Epiphany, Camino, Galeon and probably
others are mostly just different wrappings for gecko.

Yes, I found Mozilla is working good aswell. I just had to close some other
applications to free some memory space for the performance.