Firefox!?!?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Leif K-Brooks, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. Design-Crowd wrote:
    > Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
    > There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

    Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
    it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues. What sort of
    weird site are you visiting?

    Leif K-Brooks, Mar 23, 2005

  2. Leif K-Brooks

    Design-Crowd Guest

    Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
    There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
    the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
    sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!

    Regards
    JohnT (admin)
    www.designcrowd.com
    Freelancers Freedom From Fees

    Design-Crowd, Mar 23, 2005

  3. Leif K-Brooks

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Previously in alt.html, Leif K-Brooks <> said:

    > Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
    > it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues.

    I don't know that it is that low for me, but there are certainly more
    sites that display normally in Mozilla (I use the full Mozilla, not FF)
    than those that get messed up. And I would hazard a guess that a lot of
    those that do get messed up is because I have the fonts set quite large
    because my eyesight isn't exactly great - so if I was using IE, I'd have
    the same problems anyway.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Mar 23, 2005
  4. Leif K-Brooks

    Si Ballenger Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:36:02 -0500, Leif K-Brooks
    <> wrote:

    >Design-Crowd wrote:
    >> Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
    >> There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

    >Out of every thousand sites I visit using Firefox, one of them -- if
    >it's even that high -- has any noticeable rendering issues. What sort of
    >weird site are you visiting?

    I've got the webcam page below where the java script start/stop
    button does not work with FF. In the webcam popout there, you
    can't switch between the cams like you can with IE. Not sure why
    it is broken with FF.

    http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/wc2000.htm

    Si Ballenger, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Design-Crowd wrote:
    > Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
    > There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
    > the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
    > sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!

    Not sure where you visit,but I have seen very few sites that don't work
    just fine with FF

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Si Ballenger wrote:

    > I've got the webcam page below where the java script start/stop
    > button does not work with FF. In the webcam popout there, you
    > can't switch between the cams like you can with IE. Not sure why
    > it is broken with FF.

    Doesn't work in IE either for me.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travis Newbury, Mar 24, 2005
  7. Leif K-Brooks

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Mark Parnell scribbled in the mud:

    http://tinyurl.com/4pek8

    --
    D?

    Duende, Mar 24, 2005
  8. Leif K-Brooks

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Design-Crowd" <> wrote:

    >Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?

    What hassle? Most stuff works fine in FF with no extra effort at all.
    It's IE that takes most of my time.

    >There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

    You must be looking at some very badly written sites then.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Mar 24, 2005
  9. Leif K-Brooks

    Csaba2000 Guest

    I've been using Firefox heavily since January, and almost no site has given me
    problems (I am not doing stuff with sound, video).

    About the biggest browsing errors that I get are when I have my yahoo account
    open and see several unread emails, and I click quickly with the right mouse
    button to open each in a new tab => some of them will show the same originating
    page (list of emails) refreshed (instead of the selected email message).

    But the thing I like MOST about Firefox is that when I find a bug (and I do), I
    can report it. But the really cool thing is that, like with PHP, I can see when a
    developer or someone, gets around to dealing with the bug.

    Csaba Gabor from Vienna

    Csaba2000, Mar 24, 2005
  10. Leif K-Brooks

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Design-Crowd wrote:
    > Do you guys think its worth the hassle to persevere with Firefox?
    > There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way. I love
    > the tab browsing and I love the favourites dialogue but it drives me nuts
    > sometimes and I still carry on using it purely to keep IE at bay!!
    >
    > Regards
    > JohnT (admin)
    > www.designcrowd.com
    > Freelancers Freedom From Fees

    blah what rubbish lol.

    SpaceGirl, Mar 24, 2005
  11. On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:13:02 +0000, Steve Pugh <> wrote:

    >> There is hardly a site that does'nt get screwed up by FF in some way.

    > You must be looking at some very badly written sites then.
    >
    > Steve

    Yes - you are right - I installed now Firefox for the first time.
    I wanted to do this for three months now and today I did it because on my
    RH Linux distro I can not view the page of my countries most popular
    newspaper www.krone.at which means 'crown'. I had no good luck with opera,
    konqueror and mozilla. But Firefox gets it right and the navigation works.
    (still some java/-script is missing)
    Of course Firefox on Windows must be a completly different thing.

    --
    Jan

    www.h-tut.at

    Jan Clemens Faerber, Mar 25, 2005
  12. Leif K-Brooks

    accooper Guest

    Ok, I use Fire Fox and it renders all my pages and all the pages I visit
    just great except for one thing. All table borders come out wit gray and
    gray and the colors. If the programmers made them black and black they
    still come out with what ever color they are sitting one. Any ideas?

    --
    Andrew C. Cooper
    www.wordforlife.com/cmhm

    accooper, Mar 26, 2005
  13. Leif K-Brooks

    Oli Filth Guest

    accooper wrote:
    > Ok, I use Fire Fox and it renders all my pages and all the pages I visit
    > just great except for one thing. All table borders come out wit gray and
    > gray and the colors. If the programmers made them black and black they
    > still come out with what ever color they are sitting one. Any ideas?

    Do you have an example URL so we know what you're talking about? ;)

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Mar 26, 2005
  14. Leif K-Brooks

    kchayka Guest

    Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:

    > I installed now Firefox for the first time.
    > ...on my RH Linux distro...
    > Of course Firefox on Windows must be a completly different thing.

    Actually, UI differences aside, any given release of Firefox is pretty
    much the same regardless of the platform. That's the beauty of it. :)

    They all use the same rendering engine. And, UI aside, there are no
    significant differences between FF and other flavors of mozilla, either.

    mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 6+, Epiphany, Camino, Galeon and probably
    others are mostly just different wrappings for gecko.

    kchayka, Mar 26, 2005
  15. Leif K-Brooks

    Jan Faerber Guest

    kchayka ... output:

    > Jan Clemens Faerber wrote:
    >>
    >> I installed now Firefox for the first time.
    >> ...on my RH Linux distro...
    >> Of course Firefox on Windows must be a completly different thing.

    > Actually, UI differences aside, any given release of Firefox is pretty
    > much the same regardless of the platform. That's the beauty of it. :)

    They still have to fix some things. e.g. the dialog "Password Manager"
    doen't work.

    > They all use the same rendering engine. And, UI aside, there are no
    > significant differences between FF and other flavors of mozilla, either.
    >
    > mozilla, Firefox, Netscape 6+, Epiphany, Camino, Galeon and probably
    > others are mostly just different wrappings for gecko.

    Yes, I found Mozilla is working good aswell. I just had to close some other
    applications to free some memory space for the performance.

    --
    Jan

    http://www.h-tut.at

    Jan Faerber, Mar 27, 2005