Firewall problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Ron Douglas, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Ron Douglas

    Ron Douglas Guest

    I have a very simple webservice that I want to access.
    It works fine when there is no firewall in the way, but
    when there is a firewall I have a problem. I get the
    initial connection, but any further communication is
    blocked. It appears to initally use port 80 and then
    switch to another port. Is there a way to force the
    webservice to stay on port 80?

    Here is a sample of what I am doing:
    Imports System.Web.Services
    Imports System.IO
    Imports ADODB

    <System.Web.Services.WebService( _
    Namespace:="http://Walkthrough/XmlWebServices/", _
    Public Class Register1
    Public Function RegisterUser(ByVal MAC As String,
    ByVal Facility As String, ByVal Address As String, ByVal
    Address2 As String, ByVal City As String, ByVal ST As
    String, ByVal Zip As String, ByVal FirstName As String,
    ByVal LastName As String, ByVal Phone As String, ByVal
    Email As String) As Int16
    Dim con835 As New Connection
    Dim cm835 As New Command
    Dim rs837 As New Recordset
    Try
    con835.Open
    ("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & "Data
    Source=c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ValidateUser\validateusers.mdb;"
    )
    Dim recordsEffected As Object
    Dim strSQL As String = "INSERT INTO users
    (mac, facility, address, address2, city,st, zip, last,
    first, email, phone, registered, usesleft) " & _
    "VALUES ('" & MAC
    & "','" & Facility & "','" & Address & "','" & Address2
    & "','" & City & "','" & ST & "','" & Zip & "','" &
    LastName & "','" & FirstName & "','" & Email & "','" & _
    Phone & "','NO','10')"

    ' Execute SQL statement
    con835.Execute(strSQL, recordsEffected)
    con835.Close()