Firewall Question?

Ryan Smith

Hi All

I have an app and in that app i have a registration program that i wrote that will send the users registration data to the server and then receive a response code back from the server and unlock the software through a registry entry

Here is my problem. It seems that many of my users are having trouble due to new firewall applications and hardware devices that are blocking their computers from receiving the response code for the server

The code I am using is shown below

Private Sub cmdOK_Click(

' ----------------------------------------------------------------------
' Generate Querystring to be passed to Registration Scrip
' ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Querystring = "FName=" & txtFirstName.Text & "&
Querystring = Querystring & "MName=" & txtMiddleName.Text & "&
Querystring = Querystring & "LName=" & txtLastName.Text & "&
Querystring = Querystring & "Address=" & txtAddress.Text & "&

Inet.Protocol = icHTT
Inet.Execute "http://www.mysite.com/register.asp", "POST", UrlEncode(Querystring), "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

End Su

I need to find a way to get around this firewall issue. Is there a way to send the data to the server and receive a response code and have it pass through a firewall? I can post and save the data on the server, however, when the server sends the response code 1 to the app saying that it was successful that data is dropped by the firewall so the software never "unlocks" itself

This is the process
Client ->server->db->server->clien

The last handoff is the one getting dropped by the firewall. I have posted to the VB newsgroup and someone responded saying it could have to do with the content type being returned. Any thoughts

Thanks in advance! I really need your help!