Firewire comms using Python?

Fraggle69

Hi,
Does anyone have any idea of how I can use Python to get images from my
firewire camera??
I am using python under winXP pro....

Cheers
Fraggle

Simon Forman

Fraggle69 said:
Hi,
Does anyone have any idea of how I can use Python to get images from my
firewire camera??
I am using python under winXP pro....

Cheers
Fraggle

Have you tried google?

Peace,
~Simon

Simon Forman

PetDragon said:
yeah man no joy there

Sorry, I can't help you. Doesn't mean someone else on this list can't
though. Good luck.

(You might try finding a command-line tool that can do the job and use
python to script that. Or look for a C lib that does it and wrap
that...)

Peace,
~Simon

Tim Roberts

Fraggle69 said:
Does anyone have any idea of how I can use Python to get images from my
firewire camera??
I am using python under winXP pro....

You can try http://videocapture.sourceforge.net. The web page focuses on
USB webcams, but if it's using a standard XP interface (like DirectShow or
WIA), there's a good chance it will drive your 1394 camera as well.