    here.

    Thanks Much,
    Arc
    arc, Feb 5, 2004

  2. If you write client-side javascript, you can trap the OnChange event of the
    <input type="text" /> that you want to validate, and then either do your own
    custom validation, or else call the ASP.NET validation system. I have always
    called the ASP.NET validators as a whole, and not individually, so you would
    have to poke through the script to see if you can get at this individually
    or if you need to call validation on everything (which may cause problems if
    you have required field validators that you haven't get gotten to on the
    page). What I typically do is client-side validation where I present all of
    the problems at the end, and then present very descriptive error messages
    that point them to the control that is incorrect, rather than checking as
    they type. If you wanted to get super-fast responses, you could trap
    onkeydown and check after every keystroke, but that seems like overkill to
    me.

    --
    Chris Jackson
    Software Engineer

    Chris Jackson, Feb 6, 2004

  3. arc

    Steve Fulton Guest

    Peter Blum wrote:
    > First, I notice that you cross posted. Please don't do that as we cannot
    > follow all the responses elsewhere and may be wasting our time replying when
    > you already have a satisfactory response from another newsgroup.

    That is not a problem with cross-posting. Replies in any group will be
    propagated to all groups. Multi-posting (identical, *separate* posts to
    different newsgroups) suffers from this problem and is a strict no-no.
    Cross-posting to an excessive number of unrelated groups is frowned upon.

    --
    Steve

    Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
    -Albert Einstein
    Steve Fulton, Feb 6, 2004