    automatically ?
    Say I've a firmware register in my design, is there a way to incement
    it each time the code is being compiled in the quartus ?

    guru, Sep 4, 2005

  2. guru

    woko Guest

    Hi guru,
    I am using xilinx ise and the only way I know is to run the build
    process in batch mode. I don't know, but it should be possible for
    quartus.
    The batch can read the version from file, increment it and build the
    project. But for sure it is not as simple as pushing a radio-button.

    cheers,
    Wolfgang Kopp

    woko, Sep 6, 2005

  3. guru

    guru Guest

    thanks,
    I'm not looking for a simple way. I'm looking for an automatic way, so
    hopfully this will work fine.
    thanks a lot
    guru

    guru, Sep 6, 2005
  4. guru

    Jim Lewis Guest

    Do you use a revision control system?

    Assign a VHDL constant a value that is generated
    by your version control system. This way it will
    be automatically updated.

    Cheers,
    Jim

    > Hi,
    > I was wandering, is there a way to maintain a firmware version
    > automatically ?
    > Say I've a firmware register in my design, is there a way to incement
    > it each time the code is being compiled in the quartus ?

    Jim Lewis
    Director of Training mailto:
    1-503-590-4787

    Jim Lewis, Sep 23, 2005