firmware version

guru

Hi,
I was wandering, is there a way to maintain a firmware version
automatically ?
Say I've a firmware register in my design, is there a way to incement
it each time the code is being compiled in the quartus ?

woko

Hi guru,
I am using xilinx ise and the only way I know is to run the build
process in batch mode. I don't know, but it should be possible for
quartus.
The batch can read the version from file, increment it and build the
project. But for sure it is not as simple as pushing a radio-button.

cheers,
Wolfgang Kopp

guru

thanks,
I'm not looking for a simple way. I'm looking for an automatic way, so
hopfully this will work fine.
thanks a lot
guru

Jim Lewis

Do you use a revision control system?

Assign a VHDL constant a value that is generated
by your version control system. This way it will
be automatically updated.

Cheers,
Jim
Hi,
I was wandering, is there a way to maintain a firmware version
automatically ?
Say I've a firmware register in my design, is there a way to incement
it each time the code is being compiled in the quartus ?

Jim Lewis
Director of Training mailto:[email protected]
1-503-590-4787