First load vs. back

Igor Planinc

Is it possible to differentiate between the followig two cases:
1. user comes to a page by clicking on a link, submitting a form or some other
(?) "regular" way, and
2. user comes to that same page by clicking browsers back button?

What I'd like to do is give focus to a text field of a form when the page is
loaded, but not when the page is "reused" by clicking on a back button. Can this
be done with javascript?

Igor Planinc

Is it possible to differentiate between the followig two cases:
1. user comes to a page by clicking on a link, submitting a form or some
other (?) "regular" way, and
2. user comes to that same page by clicking browsers back button?

What I'd like to do is give focus to a text field of a form when the
page is loaded, but not when the page is "reused" by clicking on a back
button. Can this be done with javascript?

Guess not. Way to go!
Not.