    example to show.

    Does anybody have a working web.config to share o show me?

    Thanks in advance.

    NOTICIAS, Feb 1, 2007

  2. NOTICIAS írta:
    > Hi everybody.
    >
    > A very basic web page using an ScriptManager and a RoundedCornersExtender
    > fails loading
    > at a shared hosting environment. In my local server, such page loads
    > correctly.
    >
    > I'm almost sure that a wrong web.config is the reason.
    >
    > The site is hosted at Brinkster and they say they don't have a web.config
    > example to show.
    >
    > Does anybody have a working web.config to share o show me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    1; Do you get an error when trying to load your application? If so, then
    add <customErrors mode="Off" /> inside the <system.web> tag, maybe that
    will show you a better error message.

    2; are you on a server with asp.net 2.0? Brinkster both have 1.1 and 2.0
    servers. if you are hosted on a 1.1 server, you have to ask support to
    upgrade your account to .net 2.0

    Szabolcs Molnar, Feb 1, 2007

  3. On Feb 1, 11:25 am, "NOTICIAS" <> wrote:
    > Hi everybody.
    >
    > A very basic web page using an ScriptManager and a RoundedCornersExtender
    > fails loading
    > at a shared hosting environment. In my local server, such page loads
    > correctly.
    >
    > I'm almost sure that a wrong web.config is the reason.
    >
    > The site is hosted at Brinkster and they say they don't have a web.config
    > example to show.
    >
    > Does anybody have a working web.config to share o show me?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    take a look this
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/28668223/re-urgent-ajax-november.aspx

    and this
    http://forums.brinkster.com/forummessage.asp?id=113605&Forum=23

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 1, 2007
  4. NOTICIAS

    RALVARE Guest

    "Szabolcs Molnar" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > NOTICIAS írta:
    >> Hi everybody.
    >>
    >> A very basic web page using an ScriptManager and a RoundedCornersExtender
    >> fails loading
    >> at a shared hosting environment. In my local server, such page loads
    >> correctly.
    >>
    >> I'm almost sure that a wrong web.config is the reason.
    >>
    >> The site is hosted at Brinkster and they say they don't have a web.config
    >> example to show.
    >>
    >> Does anybody have a working web.config to share o show me?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance.
    >>

    > 1; Do you get an error when trying to load your application? If so, then
    > add <customErrors mode="Off" /> inside the <system.web> tag, maybe that
    > will show you a better error message.

    I sent the precompiled site to brinkster, \bin with all its stuff included
    (Microsoft.Web.Preview.dll,
    Ajaxextensionstoolbox.dll, Ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and so on) and that's
    what I get:
    Parser Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly
    'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system
    cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"
    CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
    Line 2:
    Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    Line 4: Namespace="System.Web.UI" TagPrefix="asp" %>
    Line 5: <%@ Register Assembly="AjaxControlToolkit"
    Namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" TagPrefix="cc1" %>

    Source File: /PRUEBAS/default.aspx Line: 3

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210

    > 2; are you on a server with asp.net 2.0? Brinkster both have 1.1 and 2.0
    > servers. if you are hosted on a 1.1 server, you have to ask support to
    > upgrade your account to .net 2.0

    2.0 as you can see up in this message

    RALVARE, Feb 1, 2007
  5. NOTICIAS

    Guest

    I am having the same problem. Ajax 1.0 works great on my
    developement machine and gives the following error when I deploy the
    application to my production webserver.

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Configuration Error
    configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
    specific error details below and modify your configuration file
    appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly
    'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The
    system cannot find the file specified.

    Source Error:

    Line 36: <compilation debug="true">
    Line 37: <assemblies>
    Line 38: <add
    assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
    Line 39: <add assembly="System.Design,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    Line 40: <add
    assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/></assemblies>

    Source File: d:\WebSites\Secure\test\web.config Line: 38

    Assembly Load Trace: The following

    I called Microsoft "off shore" support and was walked through
    installing "hotfix for issue 915782". This hotfix updated the
    aspnet_wp.exe, System.Web.dll, webengine.dll files. After two hours
    on technical support I was told this hotfix will not fix this problem
    and they currently do not have a fix for this problem. I was told
    that if I wanted to open another paid support case that they would be
    happy to research this problem.

    I am very impressed with AJAX and would love to implement its
    functionality on my corporate website BUT my conclusion is that AJAX
    is NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME. Like all Microsoft products it is a great
    concept and really cool but maybe it might work after AJAX SP1 or AJAX
    SP2?????

    If you will excuse me, I think I will go install Vista on all of my
    users systems so I can continue my efforts as a "Microsoft GuineePig"

    , Feb 14, 2007