First time building project

Guest

When I get latest on asp.net project from VSS, I do the following:
1. Open up the project file in VS.net
2. Access bin folder via file explorer.
3. Select all the files and check off the read only box.

If I don't perform step 3, I would get whole bunch of errors but after step
3, I don't get any errors. Some how when I build the first time, the dll
files get recreated and over written over the ones that were extracted by
doing "get latest from vss".

If any one needs to see error messages, please let me know.

Any ideas why do I have to do step 3 to build successfully??

TIA..

Guest

Technically speaking you should never check in output files in VSS. these
files get generated after build, why do one want to check them in source
safe. I would remove files from bin directory and check empty folder in.