First time using validators problem

Mr. x

Hello,
I am first time using validators of apsx,

I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :

<form runat="server">
Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
<asp:Button runat="server" Text="?????" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator
ControlToValidate="name"
Text="The name field is required!"
runat="server" />
</form>

I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at my
computer).

What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the textbox
field ?

Why ?

Thanks :)

Mr. x

I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :
<form runat="server">
Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
<asp:Button runat="server" Text="Commit" />
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator
ControlToValidate="name"
Text="The name field is required!"
runat="server" />
</form>

I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at my
computer).

What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the textbox
field ?

Why ?
Thanks :)

It seems that I have other elements in the page, and they are not in the
<form> clause.
I put them in the <form> clause, and everything works fine.

Thanks :)