First time using validators problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003.

  1. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    Hello,
    I am first time using validators of apsx,

    I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :

    <form runat="server">
    Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
    <asp:Button runat="server" Text="?????" />
    <asp:RequiredFieldValidator
    ControlToValidate="name"
    Text="The name field is required!"
    runat="server" />
    </form>

    I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at my
    computer).

    What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the textbox
    field ?

    Why ?

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > I did something like this (in the aspx file ) :
    >
    > <form runat="server">
    > Name: <asp:TextBox id="name" runat="server" />
    > <asp:Button runat="server" Text="Commit" />
    > <asp:RequiredFieldValidator
    > ControlToValidate="name"
    > Text="The name field is required!"
    > runat="server" />
    > </form>
    >
    > I have included the directory aspnet_client in my root home page (now at

    my
    > computer).
    >
    > What I get is that the textbox field is disabled - I cannot edit the

    textbox
    > field ?
    >
    > Why ?
    > Thanks :)

    It seems that I have other elements in the page, and they are not in the
    <form> clause.
    I put them in the <form> clause, and everything works fine.

    Thanks :)

    Mr. x, Nov 29, 2003