First Try Failing

Zorpiedoman

Taking my first stab at creating a web service and failing when I try to add
a web reference.

To this point all I have done is added a web service to the application. It
has the default HelloWorld method.

In a separate windows applicaiton I try and set up a Web Reference to this
page, and it sees it ok (ie the left side shows the HelloWorld method) but
the right side shows this error:
There was an error downloading 'http://192.168.109.206/pqs.asmx'.

The request failed with the error message:
--
<h2>Object moved to <a
href="/pqs.asmx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1">here</a>.</h2>

--.

John Saunders [MVP]

Zorpiedoman said:
Taking my first stab at creating a web service and failing when I try to
add
a web reference.

To this point all I have done is added a web service to the application.
It
has the default HelloWorld method.

In a separate windows applicaiton I try and set up a Web Reference to this
page, and it sees it ok (ie the left side shows the HelloWorld method)
but
the right side shows this error:
There was an error downloading 'http://192.168.109.206/pqs.asmx'.

The request failed with the error message:
--
<h2>Object moved to <a
href="/pqs.asmx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1">here</a>.</h2>

--.

Did you build your web service project first?