First Try Failing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Zorpiedoman, Jul 16, 2007.

  1. Zorpiedoman

    Zorpiedoman Guest

    Taking my first stab at creating a web service and failing when I try to add
    a web reference.

    To this point all I have done is added a web service to the application. It
    has the default HelloWorld method.

    In a separate windows applicaiton I try and set up a Web Reference to this
    page, and it sees it ok (ie the left side shows the HelloWorld method) but
    the right side shows this error:
    There was an error downloading 'http://192.168.109.206/pqs.asmx'.

    The request failed with the error message:
    --
    <h2>Object moved to <a
    href="/pqs.asmx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1">here</a>.</h2>

    --.
    I'm guessing this is something very simple I have not done..

    --Zorpie

    Zorpiedoman, Jul 16, 2007

  2. "Zorpiedoman" <> wrote in message
    > Taking my first stab at creating a web service and failing when I try to
    > add
    > a web reference.
    >
    > To this point all I have done is added a web service to the application.
    > It
    > has the default HelloWorld method.
    >
    > In a separate windows applicaiton I try and set up a Web Reference to this
    > page, and it sees it ok (ie the left side shows the HelloWorld method)
    > but
    > the right side shows this error:
    > There was an error downloading 'http://192.168.109.206/pqs.asmx'.
    >
    > The request failed with the error message:
    > --
    > <h2>Object moved to <a
    > href="/pqs.asmx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1">here</a>.</h2>
    >
    > --.
    > I'm guessing this is something very simple I have not done..

    Did you build your web service project first?
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Jul 16, 2007

  3. Zorpiedoman

    Zorpiedoman Guest

    Yes.
    --
    --Zorpie

    Zorpiedoman, Jul 16, 2007

    John Saunders [MVP], Jul 17, 2007
  5. John Saunders [MVP], Jul 17, 2007
  6. Zorpiedoman

    Zorpiedoman Guest

    ??? did you mean to post and empty message?

    Zorpiedoman, Jul 17, 2007