    Please share your insight on the subject.
    my thanks
    TF

    To Forum, Jul 17, 2004

  2. Peter Jansson, Jul 17, 2004

  3. To Forum

    To Forum Guest

    well, what do you mean by "but anyway..."
    is there any thing better than root (which is highly adviced by my physicist
    friends)
    TF

    To Forum, Jul 17, 2004
  4. On Sun, 18 Jul 2004, To Forum wrote:
    > well, what do you mean by "but anyway..."
    > is there any thing better than root (which is highly adviced by my physicist
    > friends)
    > TF

    <OT>
    I meant: But anyway, if might be worth a try.

    The mathematics behind "fitting functions" is logical as far as I know so
    to define what is "better" and what is not so good is perhaps an issue of
    calculation speed. If you know what function to fit, then perhaps the best
    (the fastest with regards to calculation speed) solution is to derive your
    own least squares measure of the fit and code it.

    Regards,
    Peter Jansson
    http://jansson.net/
    </OT>