    Cheers,

    #LoonyDudd

    , Nov 18, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Five Top programming Languages
    >

    > 1 Ruby
    >
    > 2 CHZZ
    >
    > 3 Actionscript
    >
    > 4 Java
    >
    > 5 C#
    >
    > 6 Phyton
    >

    > Best Markup Language
    >
    > -> XML
    >

    > Cheers,
    >
    > #LoonyDudd

    What is CHZZ??

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Nov 18, 2007

  3. Lloyd Linklater, Nov 18, 2007
  4. ara.t.howard Guest

    On Nov 17, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Konrad Meyer wrote:

    > For that matter, what is XML??

    touche!

    a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
    --
    it is not enough to be compassionate. you must act.
    h.h. the 14th dalai lama

    ara.t.howard, Nov 18, 2007
  5. > For that matter, what is XML??

    > --
    > Konrad Meyer http://konrad.sobertillnoon.com/

    You've probably seen XML, or at least another SGML-subset like HTML
    They look like this:
    <tag attribute="value" anotherAttribute="anotherValue">
    Some content
    <aNestedTag someAttribute="more space separated values" />
    More Content
    <!-- a comment -->
    </tag>

    It was created by the W3C, the folks who really standardized HTML,
    invented CSS, RDF, SMIL, SVG, Atom (as in news feeds, not the
    elementary particle) It's popular because it's simple, and there are
    standardized ways for accessing it, and manipulating it (XPath,
    XQuery, XSLT, DOM, etc.) It's main use is as a file for meaningful
    data, separate from the program that manipulates or generates it. The
    new Microsoft Word uses an XML vocabulary as their default file
    format. Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
    said enough.
    see the W3C's page
    http://www.w3.org/XML/

    -Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

    Devi Web Development, Nov 18, 2007
  6. Konrad Meyer wrote:
    > Quoth Devi Web Development:
    >> Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
    >> said enough.

    > Sorry my sarcasm wasn't clear enough, good people of ruby-talk. ;P

    Well ... speaking of sarcasm, I kind of like the statement that
    operating systems are full of it myself. :)

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Nov 18, 2007

    Michael T. Richter, Nov 18, 2007
  8. Chad Perrin Guest

    On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:43:29PM +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:

    > Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
    > said enough.

    Can I quote you (out of context) on that?

    Rudy Giuliani: "You have free speech so I can be heard."

    Chad Perrin, Nov 18, 2007
  9. Chad Perrin wrote:
    > On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:43:29PM +0900, Devi Web Development wrote:
    >> Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
    >> said enough.

    > Can I quote you (out of context) on that?

    I beat you to it. :)

    M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Nov 18, 2007
  10. On Sun, Nov 18, 2007, Jay Levitt wrote:
    > Uh, nope. I think I'd remember if I saw something like that. Please don't
    > make assumptions.

    Okay, this is getting out of hand. Are you being sarcastic? It's hard
    to tell.

    > So this is popular in the Microsoft world? What's with the slash at the
    > end of the third line? Does that continue it to the next line?
    >
    > Also, I'm just guessing at the syntax based on your example (is that from
    > an actual data file?), but your comment doesn't seem to end - there's only
    > an exclamation point on the left.
    >
    > Great! Another new language to learn. Thanks, Microsoft.

    Okay, now I'm thinking you are.

    Ben

    Ben Bleything, Nov 18, 2007
  11. On Nov 18, 2007 2:12 AM, Chad Perrin wrote:
    > On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:43:29PM +0900, Daniel wrote:
    > >
    > > Operating systems more and more seem to be full of it. I've
    > > said enough.

    > Can I quote you (out of context) on that?

    Quote away.
    To be quotable is one of my higher aspirations

    Daniel Brumbaugh Keeney

    Devi Web Development, Nov 18, 2007

    On 18 Nov, 04:01, "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Five Top programming Languages

    > > 1 Ruby

    > > 2CHZZ

    > > 3 Actionscript

    > > 4 Java

    > > 5 C#

    > > 6 Phyton

    > > Best Markup Language

    > > -> XML

    > > Cheers,

    > > #LoonyDudd

    > What isCHZZ??

    Well CHZZ is a complete interface environment mostly for prolog, but
    it has quite a different kind of outcome for the end user. Is a sort
    of aplication for kids with some tools, tutorials and is mainly for
    educational purposes at the moment. Kind of bluej.org/ for AIMOS.
    Hope this answers your question. Otherwise better get hands on it with
    with Rob or something.

    Regards,
    Daniel Alexandre

    " No one can fool everyone at all times ."

    , Nov 19, 2007