Fixed and floating point test

David Bishop

After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:

If you go to:
http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html

You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.

For the documentation on these packages, please go to:
http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

Patrick Dubois

After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:

If you go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html

You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.

For the documentation on these packages, please go to:http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

Thanks for that effort. I previously had problem with xst and thus
used Synplify to synthesize my code that contains VHDL-200x. I'll
probably try out your Xilinx specific packages when I get time (or
when a new ISE version comes out).

Patrick

MariuszK

After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:

If you go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html

You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.

For the documentation on these packages, please go to:http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

David,

What about Mentor synthesis tools?
Should "Precision", "LeonardoSpectrum" synthize your package?
Can I use this tools or maybe I should use Synplicity?

Mariusz

David Bishop

MariuszK said:
David,

What about Mentor synthesis tools?
Should "Precision", "LeonardoSpectrum" synthize your package?
Can I use this tools or maybe I should use Synplicity?

I don't have access to that tool. I'll see if I have a license I can
borrow from somewhere to run some testcases.

Can you try the Synplicity testcase for me and see what happens?