    the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.

    For the documentation on these packages, please go to:
    http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html
    David Bishop, Mar 10, 2007

  2. On Mar 10, 1:31 pm, David Bishop <> wrote:
    > After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
    > packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:
    >
    > If you go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html
    >
    > You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
    > release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
    > synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
    > the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.
    >
    > For the documentation on these packages, please go to:http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

    Thanks for that effort. I previously had problem with xst and thus
    used Synplify to synthesize my code that contains VHDL-200x. I'll
    probably try out your Xilinx specific packages when I get time (or
    when a new ISE version comes out).

    Patrick
    Patrick Dubois, Mar 13, 2007

  3. David Bishop

    MariuszK Guest

    On 10 Mar, 18:31, David Bishop <> wrote:
    > After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
    > packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:
    >
    > If you go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html
    >
    > You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
    > release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
    > synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
    > the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.
    >
    > For the documentation on these packages, please go to:http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

    David,

    What about Mentor synthesis tools?
    Should "Precision", "LeonardoSpectrum" synthize your package?
    Can I use this tools or maybe I should use Synplicity?

    Mariusz
    MariuszK, Mar 15, 2007
  4. David Bishop

    David Bishop Guest

    MariuszK wrote:
    > On 10 Mar, 18:31, David Bishop <> wrote:
    >> After getting several questions about the fixed and floating point
    >> packages, I decided to release some of my horded code:
    >>
    >> If you go to:http://www.vhdl.org/fphdl/vhdl.html
    >>
    >> You will find versions of the fixed and floating point packages (to be
    >> release in VHDL-200x) modified to work with some specific simulation and
    >> synthesis tools. As time goes on I will also add updated versions of
    >> the VHDL-200x updated packages to this code.
    >>
    >> For the documentation on these packages, please go to:http://www.vhdl.org/vhdl-200x/vhdl-200x-ft/packages/files.html

    > David,
    >
    > What about Mentor synthesis tools?
    > Should "Precision", "LeonardoSpectrum" synthize your package?
    > Can I use this tools or maybe I should use Synplicity?

    I don't have access to that tool. I'll see if I have a license I can
    borrow from somewhere to run some testcases.

    Can you try the Synplicity testcase for me and see what happens?
    David Bishop, Mar 18, 2007