Fixed/Block Floating Point Arithmetic Support...

Satpreet

I'm looking to simulate the behavior of a digital hardware arithmetic
block in a C/C++ program.

I was just wondering if there are any libraries (with datatypes and
overloaded operators etc.) available for arithmetic operations on
Fixed/Block-Floating Point variables ??

Alternatively could anyone throw me a pointer to sample code if
available on the net...

Regards,
Satpreet

Michael Mair

Satpreet said:
I'm looking to simulate the behavior of a digital hardware arithmetic
block in a C/C++ program.

There is no such language.
I was just wondering if there are any libraries (with datatypes and
overloaded operators etc.) available for arithmetic operations on

That sounds unlike C -- there you do not have operator overloading.
This newsgroup deals with standard C, not C++ or other languages
with operator overloading.

Fixed/Block-Floating Point variables ??

Alternatively could anyone throw me a pointer to sample code if
available on the net...

I assume you already have used some sort of search engine.
So: Try asking in a newsgroup where either "digital hardware
arithmetic block"s or "arithmetic operations on
Fixed/Block-Floating Point" are topical.

Cheers
Michael