    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/
    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 28, 2009

  2. Nathan Sokalski

    rob^_^ Guest

    body(height:100%}

    rob^_^, Sep 28, 2009

  3. Nathan Sokalski

    rob^_^ Guest

    Hi Nathan,

    Have a look at the source html at Bing.com (uses a letter-box table layout).

    I tried just using a table within the body, but could not get it to work on
    all popular browsers (HTML 4). I think using div's for the page layout is
    the way to go (see bing.com... aka. bing, bong, bang)

    Regards.

    rob^_^, Sep 28, 2009
  4. What page?

    Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

    More developer resources:

    IE Developer Center
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

    MSDN IE Development Forums
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/

    Learn IE8
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

    Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
    debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677

    Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
    http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_SuperPreviewReleaseNotes.aspx

    Validators:
    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    www.banthecheck.com

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Sep 28, 2009
  5. One of the pages that displays the first tr as the wrong height is my Just
    For Fun page at:

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/justforfun/index.aspx

    One of the pages that displays the first tr as the correct height is my
    ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 page at:

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/code/aspnet.aspx

    You will notice that the main difference between these two pages is that the
    ASP.NET 2.0/3.5 page has more buttons visible in the navigation, which is
    what is causing the first tr to not take up as much space. But you will also
    notice that the Just For Fun page's navigation is not causing the second tr
    to be only the necessary height for the navigation or the full available
    height that should be left for the second tr. Not only are the heights not
    what I would expect them to be, but I can't figure out how IE7 is
    calculating the heights that it is using. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 28, 2009
  6. I actually do have that property set in my stylesheet, so obviously that
    isn't solving my problem.

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 28, 2009
  7. See Warning section here:

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...rofile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

    and here:

    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/...rofile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

    Also see
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0

    and

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Sep 29, 2009
  8. I looked at the links you mentioned, and here is what I found:

    The first two are only warnings, they do not mention any problems with my
    css.

    The second two are attempting to validate the wrong source. When I did a
    had.

    Any ideas?

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 29, 2009
  9. I only used the links you posted, Nathan.

    See the references I cited earlier or post here instead:

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Sep 29, 2009
  10. Nathan Sokalski

    bruce barker Guest

    TR don't accept a height. you need to specify the height of the td's.
    one way is via css

    tr.mytr td {height:50px; overflow:auto;}

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Sep 29, 2009
  11. Sorry about that, the height actually was specified in the td, but I still
    have the same problem.

    Nathan Sokalski, Sep 30, 2009
  12. Nathan Sokalski

    ANONYMOUS Guest

    For CSS related problems and solutions by experts who use only notepad
    or other text editors, try this forum:

    You will get definite answers within 24 hours. You need to register but
    you can use your free hotmail or yahoo account or create a new account
    for this purpose.

    Hope this helps.

    ANONYMOUS, Oct 1, 2009
  13. Nathan Sokalski

    rob^_^ Guest

    Yes, good source. I am on the mailing list. Interesting to see what ppl are
    having problems with (css). Regards.

    rob^_^, Oct 2, 2009