Fixed Point Binary

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by johnnyjohn2009, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. johnnyjohn2009

    johnnyjohn2009

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:

    I am trying to keep a running total, where when ever an event occurs add 0.36 to the total. At the moment I have it adding 1 each time:

    Code (Text):
    signal DataCount : std_logic_vector(5 downto 0) := "000000";
    DataCount <= DataCount + 1;
    *Hopefully I have tagged the code okay.

    I have spent most of today trying to find out how to use fixed point binary in VHDL such as 0.36 in binary. I believe this to be 00000000.01011011.

    Will i need to use something other than std_logic_vector?

    Many thanks

    johnnyjohn2009, Jan 27, 2010