Fixed width <select>

Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am trying to create a fixed-width drop-down field item (<select> tag). In case, the string length of option values exceeds the width of <select>, it should display the option list by expanding option area while clicking on drop-down.

The following code works fine in Mozila-firefox (v2.0) but does not work in IE v7.0 (It's clipping the string after specified width)

<select style="width:145px;" name="abcd" id="abcd">
<option value="" selected="true">Select one</option>
<option id="one" value="one">Dummy Data - Dummy Data - Dummy Data 1</option>
<option id="two" value="two">Dummy Data - Dummy Data - Dummy Data 2</option>
</select>

Any help would be appreciated.