Fixing the format of my datagrid

daniel kurtz

My grid keeps dynamically resizing as I bind data to it. What I want is to
display 10 rows, each with a fixed height... or if the particular page has
fewer than 10 items, the actual number of items plus enough white space to
fill out the equivelant of 10 rows (blank rows might be OK) and 6 columns,
each with a fixed width. It is OK if extra long strings get truncated.

I've played with all the formatting settings I can find, and the best I've
managed to get is a grid that is always a minimum height. If I have enough
rows to fill out this height, the rows display in the fixed height,
otherwise the rows that are displayed are stretched to fit the grid. If I
have 10 or more rows, the grid 'grows' to display 10 rows, with the height
fixed. However, if the columns that are bound to text strings widen to
accomodate the longest string. This causes the grid to resize and 'jump'...
under some circumstances, though it doesn't seem to change the displayed
height of the grid, it causes the controls situated BELOW the grid to scroll
down the page. Most peculiar.

Any suggestions appreciated.

ddk