Flash and .aspnet - finding a simple way to interchagne data - just starting up on .net?

Guest

I am trying to work out a very simple way to get a Flash form to
commmunicate with a .aspnet application that will somehow receive parameters
from the flash file.

Or, vice versa stream database content into a flash mx file via an
asp.net/xml type application.

Although I brand new to .NET I have picked up the following options:

1. Flash remoting using web services

2. Winsocket Flash xml device

Does anyone perhaps have an extremely simple example of how to make Flash or
any part of a flash movie communicate with .asp net without it becoming to
'intermediate' or advanced.

I have found some examples on google but I find I always lose the thread
somewhere towards the middle....

Appreciate any pointers.

Best regards
Jason

John Timney \(ASP.NET MVP\)

The best examples always involve Dreamweaver MX. I recall a collegue
passing me this url at dotnetjunkies that he swore by. I've not tried it
but looking at it it seems very well explained.

http://123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=31732

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Kevin Spencer

Flash can communicate with Web Services. We have built several apps that do
this.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Guest

Thanks, I take it you used Flash Remoting for this or did you perhaps use an
xml flavoured route...

Do you perhaps have a very simple example that could help me unite asp.net
and flash very quickly?

Thanks
Jason

Guest

Yes, I actually have already have read this article but I found problems
compiling it in the web matrix program....

I also struggled to work out why he did not us the Forms UI tool inside
Flash to make up the form fields prior to incorporating the actionscript.

I will try again.....it did seem like the perfect starter example!

Thanks
Jason

Kevin Spencer

Do you perhaps have a very simple example that could help me unite asp.net
and flash very quickly?

Not really. There's not much to it, actually. The Flash app sits on the
client, creates the User interface, and communicates with .Net business
objects on the server via Web Service calls. I don't write the SWF, so don't
ask me anything about ActionScript! I just write the back end and business
classes.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer