Flash-based file upload components...suggestions?

darrel

Well, I spent way too many non-billable hours trying to get a progress bar
for large file uploads implemented in a project.

I ended up using the GREAT open source 'NeatUpload' which I have to say
works very well.

The catch is that it uses features in the controls that require that the
server allow the app to run in full trusted mode. I guess this is typical
for that type of control.

Alas, I didn't realize that gettings client's web hosts to enable that is
next to impossible until after I had put the time into getting it put
together. Oh well. Live and learn.

So, anyways, here's where I am at:

- ASP.net 1.1 app (VS 2003, VB.net)
- need file upload progress bar for a web form that includes 2 file upload
fields
- the simpler the better
- must not depend on any server changes outside of web.config

It seems that short of rebuilding the entire application as ASP.net 2.0 and
adding in some AJAX components (doable, but not on this timeline/budget)
that a flash component is the way to go. I've come across these options:

http://swfupload.org/forum/generaldiscussion/746
http://www.safe-install.com/programs/multipowupload.html
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/FlashUpload.aspx

Has anyone used any of these and have any comments/recommendations?

The last option seems to fit the bill, but thought I'd see if there are any
other things I should look at before diving in.

-Darrel