Flash doesn`t work on valid XHTML page

MZ

Hello!

Could you help me how to write a code which is responsible for flash banner?
I want to implement a cod which will be xhtml valid.

Now I have a valid XHTML, but my flash run code is not good, because I see
blank flash banner on my page on Firefox

Here is my page:
http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
Marcin

Sherm Pendley

MZ said:
Could you help me how to write a code which is responsible for flash banner?

No, because then I'd be responsible for a flash banner, and I wouldn't want
to have something like that on my conscience.
Now I have a valid XHTML, but my flash run code is not good, because I see
blank flash banner on my page on Firefox

Blank sounds good to me.

sherm--

Jonathan N. Little

MZ said:
Hello!

Could you help me how to write a code which is responsible for flash banner?
I want to implement a cod which will be xhtml valid.

Now I have a valid XHTML, but my flash run code is not good, because I see
blank flash banner on my page on Firefox

Here is my page:
http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/

Can you help me?

Yeah, use HTML 4.01 strict. Your markup isn't valid XHTML anyway and I
cannot see any reason why your page *requires* XHTML so don't!

Bergamot

MZ said:
Now I have a valid XHTML,

No, you do not. Your page does validate as HTML 4.0 Transitional, which
is a different thing altogether, but your CSS has over 20 errors, all
related to width/height properties.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

BTW, your chosen DOCTYPE triggers quirks mode, not standards mode, thus
results across browsers may well be buggy and inconsistent. You should
switch to HTML 4.01 Strict.
but my flash run code is not good, because I see
blank flash banner on my page on Firefox

http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/

For coding, look up "Flash Satay", but your problem might be just how
you have it defined. http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/poradnia_flash.swf
plays OK by itself, though the non-stop animation is most annoying. Put
a limit on the repeating cycles, once should be plenty.

MZ

Uzytkownik "Bergamot said:
No, you do not. Your page does validate as HTML 4.0 Transitional, which
is a different thing altogether, but your CSS has over 20 errors, all
related to width/height properties.
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

BTW, your chosen DOCTYPE triggers quirks mode, not standards mode, thus
results across browsers may well be buggy and inconsistent. You should
switch to HTML 4.01 Strict.

For coding, look up "Flash Satay", but your problem might be just how
you have it defined. http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/poradnia_flash.swf
plays OK by itself, though the non-stop animation is most annoying. Put
a limit on the repeating cycles, once should be plenty.

I have fitted my pag into Flash Satay and everything is work fine now:)
I have also implement an action into the flash banner page and banner
doesn`t loop all the time.

Thank you for help
Marcin

cwdjrxyz

Hello!

Could you help me how to write a code which is responsible for flash banner?
I want to implement a cod which will be xhtml valid.

Now I have a valid XHTML, but my flash run code is not good, because I see
blank flash banner on my page on Firefox

Here is my page:http://www.poradnia.bydgoszcz.pl/

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance
Marcin

Flash can be made to work even on a valid xhtml 1.1 page. See an
example at http://www.cwdjr.info/video_extreme/cancanFLV.php . Note
this this page contains a high resolution flash video that requires a
good broadband connection to start streaming without undue buffering
time. If you look at the source code, you will find that the page is
served as xhtml 1.1 using the proper mime type application/xhtml+xml
for browsers that indicate they can understand xhtml in the header
exchange. However the page is served as xtml 4.01 strict using the
usual mime type text/html for browsers that do not indicate they can
handle xhtml in the header exchange. One or two of the lesser used
browsers can actually handle xhtml, but will not tell you in the
header exchange, so it is not safe to serve them xhtml because browser
detection is no longer reliable. A php include does the header
exchange bit and writes the page as xhtml or html depending on what it
finds. All IE browsers, even including IE7, can not handle xhtml
properly served with mime type application/xhtml+xml. If you will view
my page source on IE or other browser that can not handle xhtml, you
will see it is served as html 4.01. Some people write an xhtml page
and then serve it as something.html. In nearly all browsers, .html is
associated with mime type text/html. If you want to serve a page as
true xhtml, on the server you have to associate mime type application/
xhtml+xml with another extension, often .xhtml, sometimes .xml . Thus
unless you want to go to all of this trouble, I suggest you use html
4.01 strict. Serving a page with xhtml code that might be called
something.html is just text/html, and offers no advantage over html
4.01 strict.