Flash Files

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Pokey, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Pokey

    Pokey Guest

    I would like to save a flash file from a web site.

    Where can I find the flash file on my hard disk, or how can I force it to
    save?

    1. With Windows XP I can't find any swf files.
    2. With Windows 98 SE I found the .swf files

    I can't open the file with Internet Explorer 6
    I can't open the file with Flash MX 6.0, I get a protected file message

    I can open the file with Netscape 7.0

    Any ideas!
    a) How do I find it on a WIN XP Computer?
    b) How can I make it accessible from IE 6.0?

    Thxs: Pokey

    PS Sorry for the second post, but the responses were wrong, and I know you
    know, you just can't remember
    :).

    Pokey, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Pokey

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <_R8nb.3925$>, nug-
    says...
    > I would like to save a flash file from a web site.
    > Where can I find the flash file on my hard disk, or how can I force it to
    > save?

    It is in your temporary Internet files if you are running windows and
    IE, it would be in a similar place if you are using some other browser

    > I can't open the file with Internet Explorer 6
    > I can't open the file with Flash MX 6.0, I get a protected file message

    There is some copy protection you can add to a flash object that can do
    that. Might be a work around, but I have never played with it.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Oct 27, 2003