    If anybody has any solution, please share.

    Thanks
    Sura

    Sura, Jul 31, 2007

  2. Sura

    d d Guest

    Sura wrote:
    > I have a flash interactive window which has html links and this
    > appears on an html page. This window can be moved with the mouse on
    > the html page. The html page has an iFrame too. When the flash window
    > comes above the iframe area the html links stop working. Yet the links
    > remain active when the flash window is outside the iFrame area. This
    > problem is coming in Firefox, but running fine in IE.
    > If anybody has any solution, please share.
    > Thanks
    > Sura

    That's one of several limitation of Flash on Firefox which is
    acknowledged on various Adobe support pages. No doubt you're using Flash
    with wmode=transparent or even wmode=opaque. You might not have noticed
    yet, but things will be even worse in Safari. There are a few
    workarounds, none of them are nice, but it beats serving Firefox with a
    lesser experience.

    One is to switch to wmode=window for Firefox. I imagine that you need
    the transparency though, so we'll ignore that for now.

    Another is to actively hide the iframe as you move over it. Each time
    you move the DIV your Flash is on, look at all the iframe objects on the
    page and just do some intersection math to determine if you're over it.
    If you are, then you hide it. As you stop intersecting (or hide your
    DIV) then you make it visible again. This can also be necessary if your
    transparent flash finds itself over another flash object with
    wmode=window, or if you move over a HTML select dropdown menu. All of
    these things can bleed through your Flash, and they do it more on
    Firefox and even more on Safari.

    Another option is to create an iframe mask. You create an extra DIV
    layer with the same position as the one your Flash is on, except this
    has a z-index one lower than yours. On this new div you set the
    background color to white and put an iframe tag on it with src="". This
    iframe div will block the iframe that you're seeing bleed through your
    Flash. Simply move this div as you move your own Flash div. It will
    block out the nasty bleedthru objects that were bothering you. Of course
    this itself is a big white rectangle, so can spoil your transparency
    (although you never said you were running wmode=transparent, so it might
    still be an option). Even if you are running in transparent mode, you
    might be able to customize the size of this div (or have multiple divs)
    so that your links aren't affected. I've tried creating a transparent
    iframe mask but it doesn't work. The iframe masking only works when the
    DIV is white, and it has an iframe tag on it.

    A final option is to have an image object (using a fully transparent
    GIF) which is on an extra DIV with a higher z-index than your Flash. It
    can use the usemap tag of the IMG to catch clicks and do the appropriate
    action.

    Sorry if you want to follow up on any of these points, I'm just about to
    unsubscribe from this newsgroup.

    ~dd

    d d, Jul 31, 2007