Flash listener + JavaScript GUI

kidalex

I'm a programmer but I have never programmed in Action Script or very
advanced JavaScript. So, please be gentle :)

I'm looking to develop a simple ( or is it? ) system with 2 parts to
it:

Part I: I would have an invisible Flash running on the client side (
browser ) for the only sake of being able to "listen" to a Perl script
on the server that'll push the information to it as it becomes
available. I'd like this Flash app to be able to push information back
to the server ( like AJAX ).

Part II: I'd like to be able to have the Flash app to communicate with
the web-based user interface through JavaScript/DHTML

I see some packaged scripts that do one or another but they are
extremely overcomplicated. I'd like to write a simple script on my own.

Please help!
Alex

kidalex

I understand, but how do I make that SWF file that won't display
anything but will have the functionality?