Flash Object in ASP.NET 2.0

Kivak Wolf

Greetings,

I have been searching the web so long for this information. I am
hoping to eventually find it. ;)

Basically, I would love to know how to put a flash menu into an
ASP.NET page. I see all types of tutorials that say, oh just right
click toolbox->COM componates->Shockwave Flash Components then drag it
onto the page - which does NOT work for me because the icon is gray.
The other say to use the <embed> tag which also does not apparently
work with "XHTML 1.0 Transitional". So I'm looking for other ways -
which I have found one or two that DO work, but I have another problem
with them.

My question is twofold:

1. How to you put a flash .swf file into an ASP.NET 2.0 page (VB.NET
code-behind)?

2. Now that it is in there, how can I handle the fscommands I send
from the .swf file?

NOTE: I have gotten the component "FlashControl" to work wonderfully
to get the .swf file into the page, however, they lack an explanation
of how to handle the fscommands. If someone could explain that, that
would work too!

Thanks a lot in advance!
-Mark Rabenhorst