    but it doesn't help, the line is still there...

    Thanks for any ideas,
    Martin Nadoll

    Martin Nadoll, Jan 27, 2010

  2. On Jan 27, 8:30 am, Martin Nadoll wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i have a swf-file in my website.
    > When I click on that swf, it becomes focus and i see a dotted line
    > around that swf.
    > I don't like that, so I tried to remove focus from that object with
    > javascript.
    >
    > <object classid="any" width="1000" height="225" id="FlashID"
    > title="any" onFocus="this.blur()">
    >
    > but it doesn't help, the line is still there...

    In Internet Explorer Element Nodes have a boolean - hideFocus -
    property that can be set to true in order to suppress the dashed
    outline around focused elements. Whether that extends to OBJECT
    elements is something that I have never looked into (and if any
    element is likely to diverge from the common structure in IE then it
    will be OBJECT elements).

    Richard.

    Richard Cornford, Jan 27, 2010

  3. Martin Nadoll wrote:

    > i have a swf-file in my website.
    > When I click on that swf, it becomes focus and i see a dotted line around
    > that swf.
    > I don't like that, so I tried to remove focus from that object with
    > javascript.

    Thereby removing all chances of this becoming accessible after all, I
    suppose. The "dotted line around" is there so that the user can see that
    the element has the focus, that it can be interacted with by use of the
    keyboard, and that no other element has the focus. Do not (attempt to)
    remove/hide it. And avoid Flash, it is not accessible (at least I have yet
    to see an accessibly designed Flash control).

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 27, 2010