flash player?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by jojo, Jul 19, 2006.

  1. jojo

    jojo Guest

    Hi all...

    Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
    I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
    something
    I can't figure out how to do.

    Let me explain.

    When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
    center.
    I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
    (Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would appear.
    I'm assuming this would be an images as well?

    Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of this
    page:
    http://www.austincustombuilder.com/

    Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
    with,
    IE, Netscape end FireFox.

    I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
    general direction...

    Thanks,
    jojo

    jojo, Jul 19, 2006

  2. jojo

    CRON Guest

    Hi jojo,
    Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
    all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
    the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
    movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
    this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
    I can do it for you for 50 quid if you like and send you the finished
    page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if you like

    CRON, Jul 19, 2006

  3. jojo

    CRON Guest

    Hi jojo,
    Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
    all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
    the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
    movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
    this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
    I can do it for youtomorrow for 50 quid if you like and send you the
    finished page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if
    you're interested.

    Cheers,
    Ciaran

    CRON, Jul 19, 2006
  4. jojo

    jojo Guest

    "CRON" <> wrote in message
    > Hi jojo,
    > Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
    > all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
    > the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
    > movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
    > this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
    > I can do it for you for 50 quid if you like and send you the finished
    > page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if you like

    Hi CRON, when I go to your site, nothing comes up.
    I'm really trying to do this on my own. You know...free.
    Besides, I would not know what a quid is! ;-)

    Since my post, I have found a program called "flash slide show maker" and
    created an .swf file and an .html file.
    I was able to edit the html file to get the background I wanted, and now I
    have the page I was looking for.
    It works great in IE, but don't know if it works in anything else yet.
    Any takers for testing?

    jojo

    jojo, Jul 19, 2006
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "jojo" <cgv_2000@*remove your
    hat*yahoo.com> writing in news:Bpwvg.126828$H71.21430
    @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

    > It works great in IE, but don't know if it works in anything else yet.
    > Any takers for testing?

    If you're going to be web authoring, it would be helpful to have a few
    browsers around for testing. You might also like to have the MTbrowser,
    a little tool that opens the same page in selected browsers
    <http://minitutorials.com/apps/mtbrowser/index.shtml>.

    Currently I have:
    Opera (default) v 5 - 9
    Firefox
    Mozilla
    Amaya
    Mosaic (for fun)
    IE v 3 - 7
    Netscape v 3 - 8
    Avant (IE with tabs and other good stuff)
    Simply Web 2000 (talking browser uses IE engine)
    Openwave (phone simulator)

    Oh, and it might help if you provide a URI for testing, my crystal ball
    needs to go back into the shop.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jul 20, 2006
  6. jojo

    jojo Guest

    "Adrienne Boswell" <> wrote in message
    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "jojo" <cgv_2000@*remove your
    > hat*yahoo.com> writing in news:Bpwvg.126828$H71.21430
    > @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
    >
    >> It works great in IE, but don't know if it works in anything else yet.
    >> Any takers for testing?
    >>

    > If you're going to be web authoring, it would be helpful to have a few
    > browsers around for testing. You might also like to have the MTbrowser,
    > a little tool that opens the same page in selected browsers
    > <http://minitutorials.com/apps/mtbrowser/index.shtml>.
    >
    > Currently I have:
    > Opera (default) v 5 - 9
    > Firefox
    > Mozilla
    > Amaya
    > Mosaic (for fun)
    > IE v 3 - 7
    > Netscape v 3 - 8
    > Avant (IE with tabs and other good stuff)
    > Simply Web 2000 (talking browser uses IE engine)
    > Openwave (phone simulator)
    >
    > Oh, and it might help if you provide a URI for testing, my crystal ball
    > needs to go back into the shop.
    >
    > --
    > Adrienne Boswell at Home
    > Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    > http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

    I can provide the URL as soon as I push it to the net. I'm still tweaking it
    for the moment.
    I asked first cause I wasn't sure what the proper netiquette was for this
    group.

    Thanks,
    jojo

    jojo, Jul 20, 2006
  7. CRON wrote:
    > Hi jojo,
    > Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
    > all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
    > the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
    > movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
    > this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
    > I can do it for youtomorrow for 50 quid if you like and send you the
    > finished page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if
    > you're interested.

    www.flashkit.com has a ton of SWF's like the OP needs, all free. And
    for (I think) about $99.00 you can get swish. Which is an awesome
    Flash development evvironment will a very small learning curve.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 20, 2006
  8. jojo

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "jojo" <cgv_2000@*remove your
    hat*yahoo.com> vouchsafed:

    > "CRON" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi jojo,
    >> Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible
    >> with all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but
    >> not in the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a
    >> flash movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page.
    >> For this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
    >> I can do it for you for 50 quid if you like and send you the finished
    >> page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if you
    >> like
    >>

    > Hi CRON, when I go to your site, nothing comes up.
    > I'm really trying to do this on my own. You know...free.
    > Besides, I would not know what a quid is! ;-)

    It's a squid that lost its "s".

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jul 20, 2006
  9. jojo

    http://www.venturefour.com/html/swede_hill.html

    jojo, Jul 20, 2006
  10. jojo

    jojo Guest

    jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!
    > Hi all...
    >
    > Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
    > I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
    > something
    > I can't figure out how to do.
    >
    > Let me explain.
    >
    > When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
    > center.
    > I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
    > (Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would appear.
    > I'm assuming this would be an images as well?
    >
    > Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of this
    > page:
    > http://www.austincustombuilder.com/
    >
    > Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
    > with,
    > IE, Netscape end FireFox.
    >
    > I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
    > general direction...
    >
    > Thanks,
    > jojo

    I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
    this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
    is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
    never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
    especially if it's mine...

    THE jojo

    jojo, Jul 21, 2006
  11. jojo

    jojo Guest

    "jojo" <> wrote in message
    > jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!
    >> Hi all...
    >>
    >> Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
    >> I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
    >> something
    >> I can't figure out how to do.
    >>
    >> Let me explain.
    >>
    >> When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
    >> center.
    >> I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
    >> (Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would
    >> appear.
    >> I'm assuming this would be an images as well?
    >>
    >> Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of
    >> this page:
    >> http://www.austincustombuilder.com/
    >>
    >> Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
    >> with,
    >> IE, Netscape end FireFox.
    >>
    >> I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
    >> general direction...
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> jojo

    > I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
    > this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
    > is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
    > never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
    > especially if it's mine...
    >
    > THE jojo

    No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

    jo

    jojo, Jul 21, 2006
  12. jojo wrote:
    > "jojo" <> wrote in message
    >> jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!
    >>> Hi all...
    >>>
    >>> Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
    >>> I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
    >>> something
    >>> I can't figure out how to do.
    >>>
    >>> Let me explain.
    >>>
    >>> When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
    >>> center.
    >>> I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
    >>> (Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would
    >>> appear.
    >>> I'm assuming this would be an images as well?
    >>>
    >>> Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of
    >>> this page:
    >>> http://www.austincustombuilder.com/
    >>>
    >>> Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
    >>> with,
    >>> IE, Netscape end FireFox.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
    >>> general direction...
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> jojo

    >> I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
    >> this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
    >> is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
    >> never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
    >> especially if it's mine...
    >>
    >> THE jojo

    > No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

    Really?! Seems awfully suspicious it is not like 'jojo' is that common!
    Add a suffix or something if you must use jojo.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 21, 2006
  13. jojo

    jojo Guest

    jojo schrieb:
    > "jojo" <> wrote in message
    >> jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!
    >>> Hi all...
    >>>
    >>> Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
    >>> I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
    >>> something
    >>> I can't figure out how to do.
    >>>
    >>> Let me explain.
    >>>
    >>> When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
    >>> center.
    >>> I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
    >>> (Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would
    >>> appear.
    >>> I'm assuming this would be an images as well?
    >>>
    >>> Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of
    >>> this page:
    >>> http://www.austincustombuilder.com/
    >>>
    >>> Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
    >>> with,
    >>> IE, Netscape end FireFox.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
    >>> general direction...
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> jojo

    >> I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
    >> this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
    >> is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
    >> never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
    >> especially if it's mine...
    >>
    >> THE jojo

    > No need to be harsh...Had no idea...
    >
    > jo

    My apologies for being impolite. Don't know what shot inside my mind
    when I wrote my last post. It just could lead to some confusion if two
    different people use the same name... And there are a lot of people
    hanging around outside who use names of others, either to damage
    someones reputation or for some other reason which is not always obvious.
    So forgive me my reaction, I did not want to insinuate you anything.

    jojo

    jojo, Jul 21, 2006
  14. jojo

    jojo02 Guest

    "jojo" <> wrote in message
    > jojo schrieb:
    >> "jojo" <> wrote in message
    >>> jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!

    >>> I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
    >>> this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
    >>> is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
    >>> never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
    >>> especially if it's mine...
    >>>
    >>> THE jojo

    >> No need to be harsh...Had no idea...
    >>
    >> jo

    > My apologies for being impolite. Don't know what shot inside my mind when
    > I wrote my last post. It just could lead to some confusion if two
    > different people use the same name... And there are a lot of people
    > hanging around outside who use names of others, either to damage someones
    > reputation or for some other reason which is not always obvious.
    > So forgive me my reaction, I did not want to insinuate you anything.
    >
    > jojo

    No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for those
    who doubt
    my authenticity, please google my email address. You can see
    cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.

    I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
    scam anyone's name or addy.

    Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
    the
    world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

    Just sign me...The other jojo who only visits occasionally here.

    sorry for the confusion..

    jojo02

    jojo02, Jul 21, 2006
  15. jojo

    jojo02 Guest

    >> No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

    > Really?! Seems awfully suspicious it is not like 'jojo' is that common!
    > Add a suffix or something if you must use jojo.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan, please see my reply post to the original jojo.

    I too thinks it's a bit uncanny that we have the same (uncommon) sig, and
    that we both use lower case for it.

    Thank you for your suggestion, I'm more that happy to work with the original
    jojo to
    find a satisfactory result for us both.

    in this newsgroup, sign me...
    jojo02

    jojo02, Jul 21, 2006
  16. jojo

    jojo Guest

    jojo02 schrieb:

    [trouble about two people using the same nick]

    > No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for those
    > who doubt my authenticity, please google my email address. You can see
    > cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.
    >
    > I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
    > scam anyone's name or addy.
    >
    > Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
    > the world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

    I'm male, from Germany. Full name Johannes. But maybe we do not have to
    discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per email?

    f'up to poster

    <snip>

    jojo, Jul 21, 2006
  17. jojo

    jojo02 Guest

    "jojo" <> wrote in message
    > jojo02 schrieb:
    >
    > [trouble about two people using the same nick]
    >>
    >> No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for
    >> those who doubt my authenticity, please google my email address. You can
    >> see
    >> cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.
    >>
    >> I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
    >> scam anyone's name or addy.
    >>
    >> Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
    >> the world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

    > I'm male, from Germany. Full name Johannes. But maybe we do not have to
    > discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per email?
    >
    > f'up to poster
    >
    > <snip>

    of course...feel free to email me.
    I just wanted the group to know I'm not a netscum trying to hurt your rep or
    identity.

    jojo02

    jojo02, Jul 21, 2006
  18. jojo

    Andy Mabbett Guest

    In message <e9rb4k$rr3$>, jojo
    <> writes to jojo:

    >But maybe we do not have to discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per
    >email?

    It'll never work; you'd never know who your letters were for, and your
    kids would grow up really confused.

    On the other hand, your tattoos would still be OK, if you split up...
    --
    Andy Mabbett
    Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>

    Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>

    Andy Mabbett, Jul 26, 2006
  19. jojo

    jojo Guest

    Andy Mabbett wrote:

    >> But maybe we do not have to discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per
    >> email?

    > It'll never work; you'd never know who your letters were for, and your
    > kids would grow up really confused.
    >
    > On the other hand, your tattoos would still be OK, if you split up...

    Does "May I write you a mail?" sounds like "Ey, I love you, babe!" in
    your ears? Have a girlfriend here, I don't need a second one...

    BTW: Didn't write any mail yet... But that's a problem with my GMX
    account actually ;-)

    jojo, Jul 26, 2006
  20. jojo

    jojo02 Guest

    "jojo" <> wrote in message
    > Andy Mabbett wrote:
    >
    >>> But maybe we do not have to discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per
    >>> email?

    >> It'll never work; you'd never know who your letters were for, and your
    >> kids would grow up really confused.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, your tattoos would still be OK, if you split up...

    > Does "May I write you a mail?" sounds like "Ey, I love you, babe!" in your
    > ears? Have a girlfriend here, I don't need a second one...
    >
    > BTW: Didn't write any mail yet... But that's a problem with my GMX account
    > actually ;-)

    Uh...not, not expecting a date....maybe a quick chat about the origin of the
    name, the weather where you are..ect...no date.

    jojo02

    jojo02, Jul 26, 2006