flash player?

jojo

Hi all...

Let me start by saying, I'm a true rookie.
I've been able to create some nice WebPages for my boss, but want to do
something
I can't figure out how to do.

Let me explain.

When the page opens, I would like for it to open with one image in the
center.
I would like that image to transition to another, and then another.
(Only 3 images). The last image would fade out and then text would appear.
I'm assuming this would be an images as well?

Something very similar to what I want can be found at the top left of this
page:
http://www.austincustombuilder.com/

Of course, I want this to be automated (no end user input) and compatible
with,
IE, Netscape end FireFox.

I'm not asking you to write code for me, but if you could point me in a
general direction...

Thanks,
jojo

CRON

Hi jojo,
Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
I can do it for you for 50 quid if you like and send you the finished
page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if you like

CRON

Hi jojo,
Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
I can do it for youtomorrow for 50 quid if you like and send you the
finished page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if
you're interested.

Cheers,
Ciaran

jojo

CRON said:
Hi jojo,
Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
I can do it for you for 50 quid if you like and send you the finished
page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if you like

Hi CRON, when I go to your site, nothing comes up.
I'm really trying to do this on my own. You know...free.
Besides, I would not know what a quid is! ;-)

Since my post, I have found a program called "flash slide show maker" and
created an .swf file and an .html file.
I was able to edit the html file to get the background I wanted, and now I
have the page I was looking for.
It works great in IE, but don't know if it works in anything else yet.
Any takers for testing?

jojo

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "jojo" <cgv_2000@*remove your
hat*yahoo.com> writing in @newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:
It works great in IE, but don't know if it works in anything else yet.
Any takers for testing?

If you're going to be web authoring, it would be helpful to have a few
browsers around for testing. You might also like to have the MTbrowser,
a little tool that opens the same page in selected browsers
<http://minitutorials.com/apps/mtbrowser/index.shtml>.

Currently I have:
Opera (default) v 5 - 9
Firefox
Mozilla
Amaya
Mosaic (for fun)
IE v 3 - 7
Netscape v 3 - 8
Avant (IE with tabs and other good stuff)
Simply Web 2000 (talking browser uses IE engine)
Openwave (phone simulator)

Oh, and it might help if you provide a URI for testing, my crystal ball
needs to go back into the shop.

jojo

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

I can provide the URL as soon as I push it to the net. I'm still tweaking it
for the moment.
I asked first cause I wasn't sure what the proper netiquette was for this
group.

Thanks,
jojo

Travis Newbury

CRON said:
Hi jojo,
Its not really possible to do page transitions that are compatible with
all browsers. What you want is possible in internet explorer but not in
the others as far as I know. Your best bet would be to make a flash
movie of the images fading in and out and embed it in the page. For
this you will need to know flash which I assume you dont.
I can do it for youtomorrow for 50 quid if you like and send you the
finished page. Have a look at my website http://www.crondesign.com/ if
you're interested.

www.flashkit.com has a ton of SWF's like the OP needs, all free. And
for (I think) about $99.00 you can get swish. Which is an awesome
Flash development evvironment will a very small learning curve.

Neredbojias

To further the education of mankind, "jojo" <cgv_2000@*remove your
hat*yahoo.com> vouchsafed:
Hi CRON, when I go to your site, nothing comes up.
I'm really trying to do this on my own. You know...free.
Besides, I would not know what a quid is! ;-)

It's a squid that lost its "s".

jojo

jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!
[...]

I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
especially if it's mine...

THE jojo

jojo

jojo said:
jojo wrote: No, it was not ME!!!!

I hope you did not knew that there is already someone with this name in
this group and it is a coincidence that we both use the same name. If it
is like this, than please use a different name. If not, than f*** up and
never come back here. I hate people posting with names of other,
especially if it's mine...

THE jojo

No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

jo

Jonathan N. Little

jojo said:
No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

Really?! Seems awfully suspicious it is not like 'jojo' is that common!
Add a suffix or something if you must use jojo.

jojo

jojo said:
No need to be harsh...Had no idea...

jo

My apologies for being impolite. Don't know what shot inside my mind
when I wrote my last post. It just could lead to some confusion if two
different people use the same name... And there are a lot of people
hanging around outside who use names of others, either to damage
someones reputation or for some other reason which is not always obvious.
So forgive me my reaction, I did not want to insinuate you anything.

jojo

jojo02

jojo said:
My apologies for being impolite. Don't know what shot inside my mind when
I wrote my last post. It just could lead to some confusion if two
different people use the same name... And there are a lot of people
hanging around outside who use names of others, either to damage someones
reputation or for some other reason which is not always obvious.
So forgive me my reaction, I did not want to insinuate you anything.

jojo

No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for those
who doubt
my authenticity, please google my email address. You can see
cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.

I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
scam anyone's name or addy.

Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
the
world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

Just sign me...The other jojo who only visits occasionally here.

sorry for the confusion..

jojo02

jojo02

Really?! Seems awfully suspicious it is not like 'jojo' is that common!
Add a suffix or something if you must use jojo.

Jonathan, please see my reply post to the original jojo.

I too thinks it's a bit uncanny that we have the same (uncommon) sig, and
that we both use lower case for it.

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm more that happy to work with the original
jojo to
find a satisfactory result for us both.

in this newsgroup, sign me...
jojo02

jojo

jojo02 schrieb:

[trouble about two people using the same nick]
No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for those
who doubt my authenticity, please google my email address. You can see
cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.

I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
scam anyone's name or addy.

Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
the world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

I'm male, from Germany. Full name Johannes. But maybe we do not have to
discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per email?

f'up to poster

<snip>

jojo02

jojo said:
jojo02 schrieb:

[trouble about two people using the same nick]
No problem, I understand. I visit several newsgroups often, and so for
those who doubt my authenticity, please google my email address. You can
see
cgv_2000 and jojo have been connected for over 1600 posts, and 5 years.

I actually got the nickname about 20 years ago, so, no, I'm not trying to
scam anyone's name or addy.

Although jojo is not all that common, we seem to have found each other in
the world. May I ask if your male or female? I'm a female jojo.

I'm male, from Germany. Full name Johannes. But maybe we do not have to
discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per email?

f'up to poster

<snip>

of course...feel free to email me.
I just wanted the group to know I'm not a netscum trying to hurt your rep or
identity.

jojo02

Andy Mabbett

jojo said:
But maybe we do not have to discuss this in this NG? Perhaps better per
email?

It'll never work; you'd never know who your letters were for, and your
kids would grow up really confused.

On the other hand, your tattoos would still be OK, if you split up...

jojo

Andy said:
It'll never work; you'd never know who your letters were for, and your
kids would grow up really confused.

On the other hand, your tattoos would still be OK, if you split up...

Does "May I write you a mail?" sounds like "Ey, I love you, babe!" in
your ears? Have a girlfriend here, I don't need a second one...

BTW: Didn't write any mail yet... But that's a problem with my GMX
account actually ;-)

jojo02

jojo said:
Does "May I write you a mail?" sounds like "Ey, I love you, babe!" in your
ears? Have a girlfriend here, I don't need a second one...

BTW: Didn't write any mail yet... But that's a problem with my GMX account
actually ;-)

Uh...not, not expecting a date....maybe a quick chat about the origin of the
name, the weather where you are..ect...no date.

jojo02