    Tell me what you think.
    Bye,
    willy
    dr.oktopus, Aug 25, 2011

  2. dr.oktopus

    Seebs Guest

    On 2011-08-25, dr.oktopus <> wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I was wondering if it is possible to code/translate C programs
    > (perhaps designed
    > with a proper API) to flash/javascript applications, since I really
    > hate actionscript
    > syntax. I think that since C compilers to java bytecode are available,
    > something
    > could be written for this.
    > Tell me what you think.

    I think this would be a gigantic waste of time. C is not the right language
    for that *kind* of thing. Use the right tool for the job, not your favorite
    tool.

    -s
    Seebs, Aug 25, 2011

  3. dr.oktopus

    BartC Guest

    "dr.oktopus" <> wrote in message

    > I was wondering if it is possible to code/translate C programs
    > (perhaps designed
    > with a proper API) to flash/javascript applications, since I really
    > hate actionscript
    > syntax. I think that since C compilers to java bytecode are available,
    > something
    > could be written for this.

    I used to hate C syntax, and spent some time creating different syntax
    'front-ends' to it. It didn't work; the different syntax begged to be
    developed into it's own language.

    In the end it was easier to just write C code as needed (which also solves a
    few other problems such as sharing or distributing source code).

    How much Actionscript have you written? Because you might get used to it's
    syntax after a few days. (And to me it looks pretty much like C or C++
    anyway, it is not hugely different...)

    --
    Bartc
    BartC, Aug 26, 2011
  4. dr.oktopus

    BGB Guest

    On 8/25/2011 11:57 AM, dr.oktopus wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I was wondering if it is possible to code/translate C programs
    > (perhaps designed
    > with a proper API) to flash/javascript applications, since I really
    > hate actionscript
    > syntax. I think that since C compilers to java bytecode are available,
    > something
    > could be written for this.
    > Tell me what you think.
    > Bye,
    > willy

    check Adobe, I think they actually have a C to Flash compiler somewhere.
    they had demoed it by showing a version of Quake they had ported to
    Flash, and I also think I remember it being mentioned on Wikipedia
    somewhere as well.

    however, IMO, once one gets used to the funky looking definitions, the
    ActionScript syntax really isn't all that bad.
    BGB, Aug 26, 2011
  5. dr.oktopus

    BGB Guest

    On 8/26/2011 3:54 AM, BGB wrote:
    > On 8/25/2011 11:57 AM, dr.oktopus wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I was wondering if it is possible to code/translate C programs
    >> (perhaps designed
    >> with a proper API) to flash/javascript applications, since I really
    >> hate actionscript
    >> syntax. I think that since C compilers to java bytecode are available,
    >> something
    >> could be written for this.
    >> Tell me what you think.
    >> Bye,
    >> willy

    > check Adobe, I think they actually have a C to Flash compiler somewhere.
    > they had demoed it by showing a version of Quake they had ported to
    > Flash, and I also think I remember it being mentioned on Wikipedia
    > somewhere as well.

    quick look ("C to Flash compiler" in Google) turned up this:
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/alchemy/

    BGB, Aug 26, 2011
  6. dr.oktopus

    dr.oktopus Guest