Flash sound query

KiwiBrian

For a childrens page I wish to create a different sound when each of several
hyperlinks on a page are selected.
I gather that the most reliable method of accomplishing this is to use Flash
for the sound.
I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or much
slower playback.
If I do mansge to create or convert or find suitable flash audio files, will
I be able to link them to existing text hyperlinks?
Any pointers would be appreciated
TIA
Brian Tozer

Fat Sam

I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or much
slower playback.

Okay, this is just a shot in the dark...A real long shot.....But have you
tried using "Flash"?.....

Augustus

KiwiBrian said:
For a childrens page I wish to create a different sound when each of several
hyperlinks on a page are selected.
I gather that the most reliable method of accomplishing this is to use Flash
for the sound.
I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or much
slower playback.
If I do mansge to create or convert or find suitable flash audio files, will
I be able to link them to existing text hyperlinks?
Any pointers would be appreciated

Try importing the sound to your flash library using Flash itself... you can
import a sound file (wav, mp3, etc) and it will convert it for you.

Travis Newbury

For a childrens page I wish to create a different sound when each of several
hyperlinks on a page are selected.
I gather that the most reliable method of accomplishing this is to use Flash
for the sound.
I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or much
slower playback.
If I do mansge to create or convert or find suitable flash audio files, will
I be able to link them to existing text hyperlinks?
Any pointers would be appreciated

Music Match will do the conversion for you and it is free. You can also
embed the sound in the flash itself,then there is no conversion needed,
but the size of the swf will be larger (reflecting the size of he wav)