    Any pointers would be appreciated
    TIA
    Brian Tozer
    KiwiBrian, Nov 20, 2004

  2. KiwiBrian

    Fat Sam Guest

    > I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
    > or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or

    much
    > slower playback.

    Okay, this is just a shot in the dark...A real long shot.....But have you
    tried using "Flash"?.....
    Fat Sam, Nov 20, 2004

  3. KiwiBrian

    Augustus Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote in message
    > For a childrens page I wish to create a different sound when each of

    several
    > hyperlinks on a page are selected.
    > I gather that the most reliable method of accomplishing this is to use

    Flash
    > for the sound.
    > I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
    > or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or

    much
    > slower playback.
    > If I do mansge to create or convert or find suitable flash audio files,

    will
    > I be able to link them to existing text hyperlinks?
    > Any pointers would be appreciated

    Try importing the sound to your flash library using Flash itself... you can
    import a sound file (wav, mp3, etc) and it will convert it for you.
    Augustus, Nov 20, 2004
  4. In article <cno0d2$flp$>, says...
    > For a childrens page I wish to create a different sound when each of several
    > hyperlinks on a page are selected.
    > I gather that the most reliable method of accomplishing this is to use Flash
    > for the sound.
    > I have been unable so far to find a simple program that will convert a wav
    > or mp3 file to flash without either making the sound very low level, or much
    > slower playback.
    > If I do mansge to create or convert or find suitable flash audio files, will
    > I be able to link them to existing text hyperlinks?
    > Any pointers would be appreciated

    Music Match will do the conversion for you and it is free. You can also
    embed the sound in the flash itself,then there is no conversion needed,
    but the size of the swf will be larger (reflecting the size of he wav)
    --
    -=*Tn*=-
    Travis Newbury, Nov 21, 2004