    maybe easier to do that using some other tools?

    Thanks,
    lüph

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=, Sep 24, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=

    Jim Higson Guest

    Lüpher Cypher wrote:

    > Hey,
    > I don't really have experience in doing both :)
    > What I'd want is something like analog sound (just like in equalizer)
    > going on and off and all, perhaps, a border with dots flashing there and
    > here (figure it's easier to do that as ani gif), and how about letters
    > combined with that analog? - when you have letters that kind of peak at
    > a ransom frequency? :)
    > I heard flash is easy to learn, but is that possible in flash? Is it
    > maybe easier to do that using some other tools?

    Animated GIFs are typically for just a few frames, otherwise the file size
    can get very large. They just repeat a short, repetative sequence over and
    over.

    If you want the equalizer to move in time to music, flash is probably the
    only option unless the 'music' is the same two seconds over and over and
    you don't mind it being out of sync. But using music on websites is
    discouraged becuase it creates a lot of problems (like, if I visit your
    site while listening to my own music, I suddenly have two lots playing at
    once).

    Animated GIFs are more widely supported than flash, and easier to put in the
    document since they're just images.

    Jim Higson, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Lüpher Cypher <> said:
    > I heard flash is easy to learn, but is that possible in flash?
    > Is it maybe easier to do that using some other tools?

    Look at Swish. (www.swishzone.com) It is a easy to use Flash
    develpment environment for the Non flash developer.

    --
    -=tn=-

    Travise Newbury, Sep 24, 2005
  4. No music, I wouldn't go for that :)
    I just want to put a horizontal border on a page that looks like, well,
    actually, more like an electric signal on an oscilloscope, just some ^'s
    and v's going big and small. I figure I can get an ani gif software, but
    as far as I know it is frame-by-frame drawing, which can take quite a
    lot of time. I figure if flash is not that hard to learn, I'd rather
    program those ^'s and v's right in :)
    As for letters - same thing :) Maybe I just don't know the right tool,
    or, perhaps, flash is the solution :)

    =?UTF-8?B?TMO8cGhlciBDeXBoZXI=?=, Sep 24, 2005
  5. Travise Newbury wrote:
    > Lüpher Cypher <> said:
    >
    >>I heard flash is easy to learn, but is that possible in flash?
    >>Is it maybe easier to do that using some other tools?

    > Look at Swish. (www.swishzone.com) It is a easy to use Flash
    > develpment environment for the Non flash developer.

    Thanks, I'll take a look at it :)

    lüph

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=FCpher_Cypher?=, Sep 24, 2005